Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   kings vs bad tag? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=469890)

sightless 08-05-2007 02:34 PM

kings vs bad tag?

Villain is 25/17/5
I know he calls big bets with weak hands bad draws, but I havent seen him make many agressive bets
How was this hand played and what action should hero do on the river

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $111.45
BB: $36.40
UTG: $244.20
Hero (CO): $143.70
BTN: $85.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($12) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $12.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $12.00

Turn: ($36) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($36) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $35.00</font>, hero?

Nick Royale 08-05-2007 02:37 PM

Re: kings vs bad tag?

I bet the turn. Now call the river.

dregal 08-05-2007 02:40 PM

Why bet the turn? Its sucks to get c/r and tons of worse hands fold, no?

I def call the river as played

uminchu 08-05-2007 02:49 PM

why arent you raising the flop? King of spades i believe makes this an easy raise on flop, then you can get it all in

gimmetheloot 08-05-2007 02:51 PM

sorry but fold.

Nick Royale 08-05-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why bet the turn? Its sucks to get c/r and tons of worse hands fold, no?

I def call the river as played

[/ QUOTE ]
My thinking was that villain pots the flop, hero calls. If villain has a fd he'll probably lead the turn with it. If he doesn't he really ought to be worried hero has it. This leads me to thinking he'll not c/r turn that often. He might c/r an A-high flush, but we don't care because in that case we're drawing dead. Q-high flushes or worse should bet to charge/not give frecards to As/Ks (not saying he shouldn't bet A-high flushes). Hero's images is important here though.

Edit: there's tons of draws/combo draws to charge, so we'll get called a lot on the turn.

sightless 08-05-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why arent you raising the flop? King of spades i believe makes this an easy raise on flop, then you can get it all in

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know but judging from his flop bet, If we got it all in id either be a small favorite or a dog :/

SykoraG 08-05-2007 02:55 PM

easy easy river call ... you've totally under repped your hand. Betting the turn is against draws is &gt; exercising pot control in fear of being behind.