Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   river explosion... easy fold? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=469878)

TheCount212 08-05-2007 02:08 PM

river explosion... easy fold?

I'm in the BB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], three limpers, the CO raises, SB calls, I call, limpers call.
Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets, everyone calls.
Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB bets, I raise, everyone folds but the CO, who calls two, SB calls.
River is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB bets, I raise, CO reraises, SB makes it three to me. Easy fold here?

Frond 08-05-2007 02:30 PM

Re: river explosion... easy fold?

I'd think I'd want to raise the flop with this one. I always get nailed when I have trips like and I always seemed to get nailed by someone having a better kicker. SB may just have an 8. If he did have the other 4 wouldn't he have 3 bet you on the turn? I have a weakness (perhaps) with these trip hands but I always play em very fast. My record is not good with trip hands though. Co had a K obv but maybe just one of them

Yossarian147 08-05-2007 02:57 PM

I would raise the flop. As played I fold the river. You don't specify reads, so unless this is a total maniac table we don't beat any reasonable hand.

KitCloudkicker 08-05-2007 03:59 PM

raise flop.

as played fold river. i also dont raise the river the 1st time.

Xhad 08-05-2007 09:42 PM

I'm actually ok with the flop call. As played river is a fold.

StrictlyStrategy 08-05-2007 11:10 PM

Do NOT raise the flop, you really want to get it HU with a monster on an almost drawless board where tons of people will peel as a 500:1 dog?

Xhad 08-05-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do NOT raise the flop, you really want to get it HU with a monster on an almost drawless board where tons of people will peel as a 500:1 dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

But dude, if you call 75 might overcall and hit its gutshot!

Oh, wait...

HoneyBadger 08-06-2007 04:57 AM

So, did he hit his set of kings? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PokrLikeItsProse 08-06-2007 05:27 AM

Does anyone else besides me just call the river rather than raising?

I suspect you're up against K4 and 88/99 here. Unless you're playing with maniacs or fancy play morons, almost no one ever three-bets the river on a paired board with no flush or straight possible and a bet and a raise in front of you without a boat.

HoneyBadger 08-06-2007 07:23 AM

Yeah, I'd just call the river. I'm afraid of CO's calling 2 cold on the turn, and I'm afraid of SB's weird donk bet. I'd go for an over-call.