Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   TPGK, he cr/check turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=469534)

Jamougha 08-04-2007 11:47 PM

TPGK, he cr/check turn

I should have a decent read on villain but, well I don'. he's about 24/16, plays sort of tagish. Mostly he folds fast to my c-bets, occasionally he raises and I fold my air. He very rarely 3-bets me. Mostly we just seem to stay out of one another's way. He cold-calls a moderate amount, not enough to be really fishy and more than a tag.

Not really sure what to do on the flop. It's such a small raise I felt I needed to call; before I've seen him making 3x raises fwiw. Bu folding may be better.

OK so turn line is what I'm really after. Check behind, bet-call or bet fold?

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $411.00
UTG+1: $1195.05
CO: $660.50
Hero: $1286.00
SB: $186.25
BB: $1105.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $45</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($105, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $85</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $200</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($505, 2 players)
BB checks,

Teh1337zor 08-04-2007 11:51 PM

Re: TPGK, he cr/check turn

300, cant let him draw 4 free

wpr101 08-05-2007 12:36 AM

On the turn I mix up my play a lot; it's one of the few situations I do that in it.

In this case I like a check behind. If it was a pure bluff I doubt he is going to fire again on the river. I am a little bit wary of diamonds but I think it's worth the risk of checking.

Bet/Fold is perfectly resonable too. But I just cannot see him calling with less often enough on this board. It could be 44/66 as well.

klownage 08-05-2007 12:39 AM

I think either a check or bet are both viable. Really depends on his flop c/r frequencies.

ddubois 08-05-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really depends on his flop c/r frequencies.

[/ QUOTE ]
In what way?

wpr101 08-05-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really depends on his flop c/r frequencies.

[/ QUOTE ]
In what way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means that if villian would only cr here with sets it matters a great deal. However, hero said he doesn't have a real read so the comment was pretty much irrelevant.

tcorbin16 08-05-2007 01:00 AM

id just check it and let him try to bluff u on the river, this also keeps the pot smaller and doesnt allow him to double cr (not that many ppl do this anyways)

RiverHebrew2 08-05-2007 01:37 AM

I'd say check behind his raise is fairly small to where it looks like a steal often- i'd check behind with the intention of calling ne riv bet since I assume he's bluffing and there's few cards he has that are live, but there is a good chance he'll try to bluff a riv scare card

TheJared 08-05-2007 03:09 AM

This is a spot that I play differently depending on my recent history with this villain. If I have been betting like crazy and think I can get value on this turn from worse I fire.

If I bet I am bet/folding.

But given that the turn paired the 6 here I would be careful. This is the perfect card to slowplay a big hand on because he is now full and doesnt fear much. I like a check back given this board and villain.

ddubois 08-05-2007 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he means that if villian would only cr here with sets it matters a great deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
But the frequency that villain CRs doesn't actually speak to what he CRs with.