Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Message to people who play live poker for a living (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=468610)

Barrin6 08-03-2007 04:31 PM

Message to people who play live poker for a living

Jesus christ! I don't get how you guys even stand playing live!! Who the [censored] plays 20 hands an hour for a living?! I commend you guys for not going insane/killing yourself! Man I just played live yesterday and it was the absolutely worst experience ever. Everyone is always yip-yapping about bad beats and people are just sometimes too nice. Nice hand this, nice hand that, [censored], I just flipped over 45o, you probably think I'm a [censored] donk, don't say nice hand to me you lying bastard. For the people who play live for a living, I don't get how you guys do it but seriously congratz.

TheJokerIsWild 08-03-2007 04:33 PM

Re: Message to people who play live poker for a living

I've often wondered the same thing myself. It's just so god damm boring.

nextgenneo 08-03-2007 04:34 PM

yeah, my first and last serious live session this summer I was almost reduced to tears and had suicidal thoughts. I think Bobbo was there and can vouch that i was a wreck.

holdme 08-03-2007 04:37 PM

live poker is rigged

Hobb 08-03-2007 04:39 PM

its too easy to be up so much money that you don't care it's boring. just try to win every fking hand

Imrahil 08-03-2007 04:39 PM

I hope you tell them to [censored] themselves when they say nice hand

Dangeresque 08-03-2007 04:45 PM

Online 1/2 limit Game, VPIP ~= 27%

Live 3/6 limit game, VPIP ~= 70%

The phrase: "If you can beat 1/2 online, you can beat 15/30 live." Which is still an under-estimation of how loose those games are. That is why.

Plus I can maintain concentration for eight hours live. I couldn't online.

DJ Sensei 08-03-2007 04:50 PM

big live games are pretty sweet though. the look on somebody's face when you rake in a huge pot of their money and they just have to reach back into their pocket, or leave? mmmmmmm....

but ya, small live games are only fun if i'm drunk, or playing like a maniac. or playing $1 chip basketball with the dealer's shirt pocket.

Barrin6 08-03-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The phrase: "If you can beat 1/2 online, you can beat 15/30 live." Which is still an under-estimation of how loose those games are. That is why.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea because you can sleep in between hands, just like that old guy did at my table did last night. The dealer had to shake him to wake him up and he still wouldn't wake up for like 10 seconds!!

MatthewRyan 08-03-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u realize online you can play 40 times more hands per hour