Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Neifi Perez at it again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=468560)

slothinator 08-03-2007 03:31 PM

Neifi Perez at it again

Neifi Perez has failed a 3rd drug test and received an 80 game suspension.

Link

You'd think he might have quit after the 2nd time. Or is it still just in his system?

Suigin406 08-03-2007 03:32 PM

Re: Neifi Perez at it again

this is hiliarous...guy cheats and still blows

siccjay 08-03-2007 03:35 PM

Those steroids really make you great!

Borgland 08-03-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those steroids really make you great!

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasnt steroids

slothinator 08-03-2007 03:40 PM

He probably should have done steroids. At least getting suspended might have been worth it then, cuz the speed didn't do jack for him. This suspension is just for stimulants / amphetamines.

So it looks like 1st offense they call your mom and tell you not to do it again, 2nd offense is 25 games, and 3rd offense is 80 games. Anybody know what the levels are for steroids? I thought it was 50/100/life.

Russ M. 08-03-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is hiliarous...guy cheats and still blows

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT. So long Stinki.

EvanJC 08-03-2007 03:58 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] neifi

craig 08-03-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He probably should have done steroids. At least getting suspended might have been worth it then, cuz the speed didn't do jack for him. This suspension is just for stimulants / amphetamines.

So it looks like 1st offense they call your mom and tell you not to do it again, 2nd offense is 25 games, and 3rd offense is 80 games. Anybody know what the levels are for steroids? I thought it was 50/100/life.

[/ QUOTE ]

One would think that there would be more players failing tests for amphetamines. How long have players been taking them? I am sure some are pretty addicted to it after doing for a few years, or even less. Do the tests look for a specific type of amphetamine (if even possible)? Do a lot of these guys have prescriptions due to 'ADD'?

I am sure some quit, even though it was tough, because they didn't want to lose their jobs, but I cannot imagine that would compel enough people with this type of addiction. Of course, if most did quit amphetamines so they could get paid/play baseball, I guess AA and rehab should maybe change some of their methods.

craig

slothinator 08-03-2007 05:26 PM

There's no suspension for the 1st offense, and your name doesn't get released. So I'm sure a lot of guys tested positive once and then quit using them. But not Neifi. He gave the finger to MLB and Bud Selig and kept on using. Now who's laughing!?!

craig 08-03-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no suspension for the 1st offense, and your name doesn't get released. So I'm sure a lot of guys tested positive once and then quit using them. But not Neifi. He gave the finger to MLB and Bud Selig and kept on using. Now who's laughing!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understood my question(s)/comment.

craig

p.s. Did Neifi break your heart?

edit to add: Maybe you did understand my question. But, do you think 'name being released' is a compelling enough reason for such a large amount of players to quit?