Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   my pet hate: being minbet into (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466426)

nukewell 08-01-2007 10:25 AM

my pet hate: being minbet into

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($4.20)
Hero ($11.55)
SB ($20.90)
BB ($3.70)
UTG ($17.90)
MP ($12.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.35, UTG calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.1</font>, UTG folds, Hero ???

this happens to me so often in the micros, so fking annoying

my standard line is to ignore and standard c/bet, but when u have nothing against a short stack is this just throwing away money. He could have top pair, draw who the fk knows, they call anyway, how do u continue

it only really happens against [censored] players at this level but im interested in other peoples views on how they combat this

orig!naL 08-01-2007 10:27 AM

Re: my pet hate: being minbet into

I make a standard c-bet/raise here.. if he calls and i have no reads i will try to see a cheap showdown so i can make a note. I find most of the time it's a draw.. but try and see a cheap showdown and take some notes. You will know how to play him next time around. Also pay attention to any pots he is in that you are not involved in.

monkeymaps 08-01-2007 10:28 AM

against a shortie I just fold here (I know lame) I just think they never fold, or agiant a normal stack id do normal c-bet or float them.

monkeymaps 08-01-2007 12:29 PM

actully edit that post I dont really think folding is that great unless vilian is super short giving you 15-1 on this call and the fact that you can improve your hand or take it away on the turn makes this a manaitory call/raise at least?

Splossy 08-01-2007 12:55 PM

Play it mostly like he just checked. Mathematically it's not far off the same.

Trae3ab 08-01-2007 01:46 PM

From my experience it is usually one of two things.

1) He is really bad and thinks he value betting because he is short and that is all you will call.

2) He is really bad and he thinks he can keep you from betting a higher amount, a joke of a blocker bet.

nukewell 08-02-2007 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actully edit that post I dont really think folding is that great unless vilian is super short giving you 15-1 on this call and the fact that you can improve your hand or take it away on the turn makes this a manaitory call/raise at least?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what im talking about

this is exactly what i think when it happens

brasilstu 08-02-2007 03:03 AM

What would you have done if he'd checked?

Ed Miller wrote an interesting article that has helped me a lot with the minbetters.

www.notedpokerauthority.com/articles/checking-with-a-chip.html

He's actually not that short - 3BB - so I doubt he's playing the typical short stack strategy. Probably just doesn't know how much to bet, maybe hopes you've got the check/fold button on.

Rounder101 08-02-2007 03:15 AM

I always raise in that situation. Also by raising, u probably get a turn free card, if he calls u on the flop. They use it sort of like a probe bet, but they dont get that they will be constantly raised.