Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   WPX 20/40 - I think you called an audible preflop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465916)

goofball 07-31-2007 08:07 PM

WPX 20/40 - I think you called an audible preflop

Juiced up game on wpx, players are playing too loose and too aggressive.

UTG raises, UTG+1 coldcalls, I 3bet in the big blind with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], UTG calls, UTG+1 caps, we call.

Both UTG and UTG+1 have shown some showdown monkey tendencies and have berated each other for them. Plus like I said, the whole game is juiced up.

Flop 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet, utg calls, utg+1 raises, I 3bet, utg folds, and utg+1 caps.

Who's done raising and who wants to put in another bet or checkraise somewhere?

DeathDonkey 07-31-2007 08:12 PM

Re: WPX 20/40 - I think you called an audible preflop

I'm done. He probably has you to two outs or he's drawing near dead himself. I don't think this is like AK for instance.

-DeathDonkey

goofball 07-31-2007 08:27 PM

It seems like it would be hard for him to be drawing dead. He could have a pair or a flush draw or a straight draw and be drawing at least somewhat live. Only a lower pocket pair or something that contains a jack is drawing near dead.

Seether 07-31-2007 09:37 PM

vs this specific villain I cr any non flush/straight turn. Id even expect to win pretty often if he 3 bets turn, he was just sticking the chips in and hoping for the best.

DeathDonkey 07-31-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like it would be hard for him to be drawing dead. He could have a pair or a flush draw or a straight draw and be drawing at least somewhat live. Only a lower pocket pair or something that contains a jack is drawing near dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given description I think he can have crap like J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here so I guess I should have said 3 outs or less much of the time.

-DeathDonkey

emerson 07-31-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vs this specific villain I cr any non flush/straight turn. Id even expect to win pretty often if he 3 bets turn, he was just sticking the chips in and hoping for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you here except that I donk a non-flush turn so I don't give him the option of taking a free card with a suited ace. I'm not worried about straight cards because the guy cold called two bets preflop. He won't have card to fit that little straight very often. I check an over card or club turn, donk all others. I then just call down if raised.