Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   76s, Two Pair River Decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465731)

bobhalford 07-31-2007 04:33 PM

76s, Two Pair River Decision

Online 4/8 game, pretty good game

Hero is in the BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG (loose passive) calls, folded to SB (decent player though a bit loose) who completes, Hero checks

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero raises, UTG cold calls, SB calls

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to Hero who bets, both players call

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero?

secretprankster 07-31-2007 04:36 PM

Re: 76s, Two Pair River Decision

Just curious - where are you playing 4/8?

yourface 07-31-2007 04:40 PM

I think that the flop should be a fold. the pot is tiny and your hand is weak, plus as you noticed your 2pair outs set up a huge redraw.

I think you can c/f the river with a LP behind you. a bet would not be for value

NinaWilliams 07-31-2007 04:45 PM

Id fold the flop aswell. The river looks like a b/f because sb has 8x very often and UTG can have a lot of stuff too. Its thin, but I think theres value in a bet.

detruncate 07-31-2007 05:23 PM

Flop is meh. Weakish hand + tainted outs in a small pot with a loose passive behind you. I usually find a fold.

Against just UTG on the river this is an easy b/f. Against the other cat too it seems pretty slim at best. We're pretty much hoping that SB's on A8(maybe K/Q8) or JT without hearts -- other Ax hands that called the turn probably picked up a flush draw, and I can't think of anything else that plays this way that didn't get there.

I'd just check intending to fold, though I don't hate a b/f since we probably get some value vs UTG's range to help offset the times that SB gets in a c/r. We should get a pretty honest reaction on a board this scary.

mvoss 07-31-2007 05:37 PM

The flop is a fold for me, you have 2nd pair in a very small pot on a somewhat drawy board.

I can check/fold the river, I don't think the LP will bet anything you beat on a board this scary.

Municipal Hare 07-31-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the flop should be a fold. the pot is tiny and your hand is weak, plus as you noticed your 2pair outs set up a huge redraw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Solid advice.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can c/f the river with a LP behind you. a bet would not be for value

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm. I think the check in front of you combined with the passive player behind makes the river tantalizingly close to a bet-fold. It kinda hinges on how much the range of pairs they'll call with tightens once the board OESDs. Neither will raise with less than what you have.

sharpie 07-31-2007 11:02 PM

I'd bet the river, the decent player should donk a straight here.