Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Staring down a turn raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465609)

Aaron W. 07-31-2007 02:43 PM

Staring down a turn raise

More Bellagio 15/30

Two limpers to me and I complete KTo from SB. BB checks and we see a flop 4 handed.

K64 with a spade flush draw. I bet and only get called by a late position player. The turn is another 4. I bet and he raises.

The late position player is the one who raised preflop in this thread. Again, he seems like a decent to solid regular player. Call down or fold?

marchron 07-31-2007 02:45 PM

Re: Staring down a turn raise

Xhad Theorem says fold. You beat nothing except K9, and that'll be a chop a good deal of the time.

Shillx 07-31-2007 02:46 PM

Why not check the turn?

KitCloudkicker 07-31-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not check the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

??

FPS and bad.

bet, and trust your judgement if he raises. if he's really that good he doesnt have a 4 here. which leaves better kings (i.e. KJ), worse kings, or air.

Aaron W. 07-31-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Xhad Theorem says fold. You beat nothing except K9, and that'll be a chop a good deal of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this Xhad's theorem. I thought that had something to do with someone betting/raising and then suddenly checking.

GLKST526 07-31-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not check the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you check the turn? Unless you think he's trapping?

You said about this guy that you were warned he raised a lot. Did this not seem to be accurate? Have you seen him making raises with draws on later streets? Is it possible he has a flush draw here? I think I if I respect them I fold and if I don't I call down, but that may be a leak

Shillx 07-31-2007 03:01 PM

??

Okay let's put it another way...what is the point of the turn bet? Do you really expect him to call with a hand (typically worse then KT) that he won't bet if you check to him? It seems like betting only marginalizes a hand that has some showdown value.

If he has a draw he is gonna fire in hopes that we fold. After we call the turn, he is gonna bet the river (thinking that we are also on a draw, after all a draw makes a lot of sense in our spot) in hopes that we fold. Betting any hand on the turn that isn't a clear calldown/reraise or fold is a mistake IMO.

edit: 0% chance he checks a draw on the turn

Fantam 07-31-2007 03:03 PM

How many hands that contain a 4 would this player be limping with preflop if he was solid ?

His turn raise looks suspicious to me, so I think that I would call it down.

KitCloudkicker 07-31-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
??

Okay let's put it another way...what is the point of the turn bet? Do you really expect him to call with a hand (typically worse then KT) that he won't bet if you check to him? It seems like betting only marginalizes a hand that has some showdown value.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you check and he checks his draw.

Buzz-cp 07-31-2007 03:07 PM

If I were villain, I would be suspicious of a check.