Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   live poker/online poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465564)

kingofclubs 07-31-2007 01:53 PM

live poker/online poker

Just wanted to no some of your views about the difference's between live and online poker. There are obvious differences but i cant understand how some player's like daniel negreanu can suck at online poker (which he even admitted in his blog) but be one of the best live!!!

to my point i can play good live poker with decent success in various tourny's/cash games....... how ever with online play its totally different. I find tht even tho i have been losing money online i go back to it due to the amount of money that can be won in a single session online which i suppose wiht hinesight its a really dumb thing to do.

I would just like to see some peoples views on, online poker and live poker! an if there is anyway of converting decent live play to decent online play??

NickyC 07-31-2007 01:59 PM

Re: live poker/online poker

U want to no what I no?

There's only one way tho.

U can't possibly no what I no.

JohnAndersen 07-31-2007 02:00 PM

wow, I dont know why I read NVG anymore

Woolygimp 07-31-2007 02:02 PM

There are the obvious differences such as getting over around 750 hands/hr online compared to 25-35 live, then there is the fact that with online play you have to make generalizations.

With online play, you almost always get it in with a boat/set and a lot of hands just because it's that much harder to narrow your opponent's range. However when you sit at a table with someone for hours, and really get a feel for their play it's possible to fold hands such as the 2nd nuts, correctly.

PantsOnFire 07-31-2007 02:20 PM

Could it be that the aggression level is much higher online?

skillzilla 07-31-2007 02:23 PM

DN is not one of the best live

Woolygimp 07-31-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DN is not one of the best live

[/ QUOTE ]

This is harder to say, because the upswings and subsequent downswings are just that much more pronounced live.

muxplust 07-31-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could it be that the aggression level is much higher online?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

tarheeljks 07-31-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are the obvious differences such as getting over around 750 hands/hr online compared to 25-35 live, then there is the fact that with online play you have to make generalizations.

With online play, you almost always get it in with a boat/set and a lot of hands just because it's that much harder to narrow your opponent's range. However when you sit at a table with someone for hours, and really get a feel for their play it's possible to fold hands such as the 2nd nuts, correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT/PAHUD ftw? these programs offer much more insight about a player's style than you can get in many hours of live play.

BCM11 07-31-2007 05:13 PM

Online poker is rigged and live poker is not rigged. That is the main difference between the two.