Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   QQ 3-handed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465437)

danzasmack 07-31-2007 11:02 AM

QQ 3-handed

Settle this suckas. Friend and I disagreed. On a few streets.

Reads - this is a great 3-handed game. Button is a good player with tilt problems. Say he opens and i defend a hand like 89o in a SB/BB battle. The flop comes 57Q and he bets and I raises. The turn is a ten and he check/calls and i value bet a 9 river. He'll steam for a bit if he was calling down A8hi or something and it effects his play - a LOT.

The past few hands none of this has happened but this will be my 4th orbit 3-betting the SB to his button open so I would suspect he may take some more shots at me than normal.

BB - LP fish with hints of completely irrational aggression. Like calling his BB with T5o and raising/3barreling with it on an AQ622 out of nowhere. But those are rare and this pot is kinda large so i dunno. These types of players, also, are the type you value bet KK on 3 streets on the same board and he shows up with an ace, without ever raising.

Anyway, Button opens, I 3-bet Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB, BB cold calls and button calls.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, call, button raises, I call, call.

Turn A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check and it checks through.

River J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Your line? On all streets?

milesdyson 07-31-2007 11:08 AM

Re: QQ 3-handed

dunno. dont think button has an ace/flush ever, so really it seems like he is trying to look credible w/ the fish calling or he raised something like QJ / KJ / KQ for a free card (?). i don't really get why he would check KT if he raised the flop either.

i'm torn between betting and check calling. does he have QJ/KJ/KQ here ever and does he bet the pairs of jacks? weird hand.

BB can also see all the checks and possibly stab at the pot light, too. Who knows?

jstill 07-31-2007 11:15 AM

15:1 with the bdfd i peel the flop

after the turn cks thru Id just bet unless I think I can fold if BB bets which I usually dont think of any fish after the hand plays this way since they mite vb a J or think they can bluff somethin stupider.

yourface 07-31-2007 11:16 AM

flop call is fine. pot is big and we have set outs+backdoor draws, and are likely ahead some of the time.

turn check is good. our hand doesn't need protection, we don't want to pay multiple bets to see the river, and I doubt that we are ahead enough of the time to bet for value.

dunno about river. check and call one I think. the only hands that really make sense for button are flopped gutshot draws, but BB can easily have Ax or a flush that missed its c/r on the turn.

edit:
if we bet and BB calls button may fold a broadway hand that paired up on the river. if we check and button bets he will likely call so we can overcall and win more if we're ahead.

if BB bets and button raises I think that we can safely fold, putting button squarely on KQ. if he thinks BB is a spaz he may put in a raise with a weaker hand though, which would be a disaster for us.

Heisenb3rg 07-31-2007 01:35 PM

I'd bet/fold.
His range is composed of a ton of hands that just hit that jack for a worse 2-pair, made hands played badly trying to "suck u in" with checking the turn (ppl suck at poker factor) as well as hands that just hit a straight.

Your QQ is kind of a blocker card for KQ and QJ too..

Id guess your behind more than your ahead, but will still get called with worse hands, and they may also bet a worse hand here occasiaonlly (less often than youll get called by a worse hand) so you can't really fold..

Seeing how the field reacts to this card isn't too valuable cause of fish bets and button call you probabily still have to call.. Only advantage is if fish bets and button raises..

PF/flop/turn = standard w/ the queen of spades. Id fold flop without it.

river = very close and something Id have a better feel for at the table

jstill 07-31-2007 01:46 PM

what side of this argument were u on on the flop/ river play... obviously calling the flop im assuming

fwiw in full ring id fold the flop with the Qs, given button description and it being 3 handed its closer I think I still fold.

danzasmack 07-31-2007 01:59 PM

bleh i wouldn't fold the flop without the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] i think this guy could easily raise the flop with a ten. I wouldn't 100% showdown though because i don't think he bets the river without an ace. And BB could have some crap like QJo the whole way basically giving me better odds at calling 2 streets and the ability to make a well informed fold on the river.

When he raises the flop and i just call I basically tell him I don't have an ace. It doesn't just give him a license to bluff, but it also gives him the chance to value bet a ten on 2 streets (i'm kinda telling him to, my hand looks like 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). Then when the river comes in and he has been called in 2 spots i think on this particular river he doesn't bet a hand like KT. But on a blank he might. So i debate value betting, esp. because my donk stinks like KQ or even JJ with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Then there's the other paragraph where i convince myself to check/call and let the BB bet his garbage and i can overcall.

And then there's expert where BB pauses long enough to tell me he doesn't have an ace and i c/r the field getting called in 1 spot but taking down 3-bets.

But seriously, at the table I went for the c/c and the more I think about it the less I think it matters as long as i don't c/f for 1 or bet/call.