Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   FLOPPED FLUSH what it do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462973)

tiger_hall 07-28-2007 10:25 AM

FLOPPED FLUSH what it do?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $32.39
BB: $50.30
UTG: $85.50
BTN: $61.03

Reads: <font color="blue">previous blinds i raised him and he reraised me so i felt he was aggressive in the blinds so i decided to call and call any raise as well..</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB checks

Flop: ($2) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($8) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $7.00</font>

Pot Size: $15.00

he bets over pot on the flop so i decide that he has a King and want to keep him in the pot... what am i doing on the turn though? he bets big again if i shove i dont feel he is calling but if call and shove river he is more likely to call as il be betting $20 into a $20 pot and i dont think he is laying this.. how should i play the turn in ur opinion though...

Nick Royale 07-28-2007 10:33 AM

Re: FLOPPED FLUSH what it do?

Raise pre. (edit: folding is fine since you're short, never complete/call)

Bet, bet, bet post.

C/r turn given your preflop and flop play.

catalyst 07-28-2007 10:36 AM

raise pf
lead or c/r flop
as played, c/r turn - too many cards kill your action IMO

tiger_hall 07-28-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pre.

[/ QUOTE ]Reads: previous blinds i raised him and he reraised me so i felt he was aggressive in the blinds so i decided to call and call any raise as well..if i had raised pre i would have got a lot of action i know but i felt he was aggressive and i didnt mind seeing a cheap flop as well

CybrPunk 07-28-2007 10:50 AM

When you fail to raise preflop and build a pot it becomes much more difficult to take villains stack after the flop when you do flop a big hand.

tiger_hall 07-28-2007 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you fail to raise preflop and build a pot it becomes much more difficult to take villains stack after the flop when you do flop a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]yeh i know i completely understand that but i was expecting a raise (this is some newb excuse i can think of) and yes its the reason why the pot is harder to build....

Montezuma21 07-28-2007 11:18 AM

PF: complete-call&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;raise&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;compl ete-fold&lt;fold.

I think completing-folding is pretty close to folding in terms of EV. If OP was on the BTN i think limping first in would be okay too tbh. as played bet/bet/bet. if he has a king he's not folding.

Suwalski 07-28-2007 11:42 AM

stop shortstacking

tiger_hall 07-28-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stop shortstacking

[/ QUOTE ]ok thats great advice il think about that

martijn 07-28-2007 11:50 AM

how can a limp-call raise be profitable with these stacks?

apart fromt he fact that limping is spew.