Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Another AJo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462501)

ReidDeCardes 07-27-2007 05:49 PM

Another AJo

Opinions please. Was my calling the turn cr correct. I think it may have been loose. The river fold? I think I am okay with that.
Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.10/$0.2
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, hero calls, Button calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, hero folds, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: 12.25BB

bravos1 07-27-2007 05:52 PM

Re: Another AJo

raise PF.. If you plan to folf the river UI, you should probably just fold to the turn raise.

Conte 07-27-2007 05:55 PM

I don't like pf. raise or fold imho.

flop is aight.

turn is ok

river is fine

OziBattler 07-27-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise PF.. If you plan to folf the river UI, you should probably just fold to the turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

Reids, reads matter...did u have any?

HouseCalls 07-27-2007 06:50 PM

Once again for emphasis - if you raised pf - button and BB may have folded before their hands improved.

As a rule of thumb, open limping is almost always wrong; if you are doing it you better have a reason.

Xhad 07-27-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like pf. raise or fold imho

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[ QUOTE ]
As a rule of thumb, open limping is almost always wrong; if you are doing it you better have a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

shorthanded, yes. in many tight games, yes. at .10/.20, no.

HouseCalls 07-27-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like pf. raise or fold imho

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shorthanded, yes. in many tight games, yes. at .10/.20, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xhad - I agree with you but this comes under the heading of "make sure you have reason" - .10/.20 is usually reason enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JJack 07-27-2007 07:53 PM

*grunch*

At unriased pot at this limit many villians can just raise this turn with any Ace.
For me its easy call down from turn.
When u call turn and fold rievr where pot is big and u are still probably best its no seanse for me.

NIX 07-27-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise PF.. If you plan to folf the river UI to a bet from the guy that raised you on the turn, you should probably just fold to the turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you decide to call down, and call BB on the river and get raised by Button and BB calls his bet, I don't really want to overcall. But yeah, folding to obviously standard river bet from BB is bad since you called the turn.

Buzz-cp 07-27-2007 08:17 PM

ye old AJo UTG debate lol

since BB got in for free it is quite likely he has the trip twos. Folding to the turn c/r is a good idea.