Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   $200 at TRUE Personal Challenge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462382)

OldYoda 07-27-2007 03:18 PM

$200 at TRUE Personal Challenge

I am a 60 year old retired banker, a lifelong poker player and a profitable online poker hobbyist since 2001. Unfortuneately, like many of us - my post-UIGEA results have suffered in a much tougher poker environment.

To counter this and in an attempt to plug the holes in my game I am creating my personal challenge to turn a $200 deposit into $2500 in 90 days. Since I am single tabling, part time small stakes NL player this would seem to be a legitimately challenging goal.

I have chosen the TRUE Poker network for my challenge. I will be playing at Third Bullet, a True skin. I chose True for several reasons. It is a small site,it does not support the poker software popular with the multitable pros and has a very unique style of play. Because of the nature of the site and the very high blind to max buy-in ratio the play is extremely swingy with a high variance. In addition, it is a primarily Canadian site and the folks from Canada seem to have a lot of gambool in them. This makes discipline a must and that is one of the traits I am trying to improve. In addition, the folks at Third Bullet have been extremely kind and I have received extraordinary service from them.

So, that is my personal challenge. I realize most of you have no interest in this at all, but Mike H suggested I post this as a way of making it more "official" in my own mind. I will update this post as appropriate. Let's see if an old dog really can learn any new tricks.

I urge any of you who have struggled in this new environment to create your own challenge, to improve your game and go to that next level.

RoundGuy 07-27-2007 03:25 PM

Re: $200 at TRUE Personal Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
but Mike H suggested I post this as a way of making it more "official" in my own mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's good enough for the zookeeper, it's good enough for the zoo.

_Towelie_ 07-27-2007 03:38 PM

GL sir

Mike Haven 07-27-2007 03:43 PM

Good luck, OldYoda!

Maybe some others of us will try something similar and use this thread to report their own results?

jkj 07-27-2007 03:44 PM

GL Seems very reasonable within your time frame.

Mike Haven 10-26-2007 03:42 PM

How did you do? Trip report, please.

JSmith2007 10-26-2007 03:54 PM

His last post was on August 2nd and loc. of $304, ah damn. We'll never know now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

OldYoda 10-26-2007 04:26 PM

Alas, as you can see I fell short by a fair margin. Variance is truly a "you know what" and TRUE is nothing if not high variance. But the experiment was highly beneficial and re-introduced a sense of purpose and discipline into my game.

I have now moved on to attempt to conquer my personal poker nemesis, the vast evil empire of Poker Stars. Stars has always been a site I had difficulty beating and had not played there in several years. Much to my surprise coming back I find that the site has changed a great deal. I started there October 1 with a small $200 roll and am currently at $488. I plan on moving up at $500 and hope for great things. But, don't we all.

Good luck to all out there with your own personal challenges

Regards
Yoda