Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Which PAHud stats are useful beyond the standard ones? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462372)

CmnDwnWrkn 07-27-2007 03:08 PM

Which PAHud stats are useful beyond the standard ones?

Up until now, I have been using the standard ones (Hands, VPIP, PF Raise %, AF), and I am looking to add some more to have some more information available on my opponents.

Which stats beyond the standard ones do you think are particularly useful, and why? Maybe the top three or four that you use?

Jouster777 07-27-2007 03:13 PM

Re: Which PAHud stats are useful beyond the standard ones?

WTSD, W$SD, cbet%, fold to cbet%, call cbet%, fold to river bet%

Khaos4k 07-27-2007 03:15 PM

I have a 4x2 overlay.

VPIP -- PFR -- AF -- Hands
% Cbets -- %Fold to Cbet -- %WSD -- $WSD

Cbets and fold to cbet let me know what to do on the flop, %WSD and $WSD tell me if villain likes to chase.

CmnDwnWrkn 07-27-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTSD, W$SD, cbet%, fold to cbet%, call cbet%, fold to river bet%

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind briefly explaining how you use these to help your decisions? I'm kind of new to this whole stats thing...

DaycareInferno 07-27-2007 03:18 PM

i would think that the showdown numbers could be really deceptive over a small/medium sample size.

vixticator 07-27-2007 03:21 PM

I overlay VPIP, PFR, AF, Fold to C-bet & how often THEY C-bet. Everything else I just look at by clicking on the name.

uminchu 07-27-2007 03:23 PM

i totally stopped using PA HUD, decreased the number of tables im playing and went up in limit with the same BR i might add, so im playing 1-3 tables instead of 4-8 and play by feel instead of by the book, great results have followed

ALSO i run hot

CmnDwnWrkn 07-27-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everything else I just look at by clicking on the name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot that you can do that. I need to do that more.

And thanks everyone for your responses.

Upgrade_U 07-27-2007 04:41 PM

fold to cbet and cbet %, also attempts to steal but you need a decent sample size for these

Frosteater 07-27-2007 06:23 PM

Looks like this:

V$ PR TA
AS CBF HD
FA TA RA

First row are the standard stats.
Second row we have AS (attempted to steal blinds) as an indicator of positional awareness. CBF (fold to continuation bet) has quite obvious uses, since you can see how likely your cbets are going to succeed. I think this is especially helpful in multiway pots, where you have to be a more careful with your cbets. HD is the number of hands, which is important to know to what extent you can rely on your stats.
Third row is Aggression Factor by street. It took some time to get used to it, but now I use it as a general measure on how much respect I have to give my opponents bets/raises. On top of that it makes planning a hand in advance a bit easier. After the flop you know when your opponents are most likely to bet or call. I think this can be great information if you couple it with the notes you take on your opponents.