Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Why Don't Sites Get Valid ID From Each Player After Signup (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=46178)

Qbit 02-25-2006 12:59 PM

Why Don\'t Sites Get Valid ID From Each Player After Signup

It will solve a lot of the problems of people playing multiple accounts in tournaments and online play.

Nick B. 02-25-2006 01:06 PM

Re: Why Don\'t Sites Get Valid ID From Each Player After Signup

No it won't

Qbit 02-25-2006 01:38 PM

For sure it will do you think a relative is going to give their Id without asking some questions. I dont think so.

LoosenUp 02-25-2006 01:43 PM

absolutely awefull idea. This would discourage a majority of the casual soft seats we need in the game to keep it profitable.

McMelchior 02-25-2006 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For sure it will do you think a relative is going to give their Id without asking some questions. I dont think so.

[/ QUOTE ]Think again. You're unbearably naive.

sirio11 02-25-2006 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
absolutely awefull idea. This would discourage a majority of the casual soft seats we need in the game to keep it profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't need to do it with everybody. What's the problem with doing it with the people who are playing from the same computer/IP address?

augie_ 02-25-2006 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't need to do it with everybody. What's the problem with doing it with the people who are playing from the same computer/IP address?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because while not stopping the cheaters, it will be very inconvienient for everyone else.

Gelford 02-25-2006 05:31 PM

Pacific does this, To my surprice I had to send in copies of passport and creditcard when trying to cash out a 500$ winning

They only refunded my original 100$ deposit and withheld the rest until I sent in the papers

BostonMetro 02-25-2006 06:01 PM

The same reason they are willing to pay Neteller Instacash fees. They want impulsive gamblers to take a seat as soon as possible. And LoosenUp is right - so do we.

Qbit 02-26-2006 02:30 AM

Ya I am sure every grandmother is going to give their id for some online scam. Also underage players will be out. We are talking valid picture id.