Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Special balls they use for Arod and Bonds (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=460986)

mo42nyy 07-26-2007 12:51 AM

Special balls they use for Arod and Bonds

As most of you know MLB is using specially marked baseballs when Bonds and Arod bat as they approach their respective milestones. However whats to stop someone who catches a foul ball during one of their at bats to turn around and sell it as a homerun ball?

Karak567 07-26-2007 12:53 AM

Re: Special balls they use for Arod and Bonds

common decency

(btw i'd sell bond's ball)

craig 07-26-2007 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As most of you know MLB is using specially marked baseballs when Bonds and Arod bat as they approach their respective milestones. However whats to stop someone who catches a foul ball during one of their at bats to turn around and sell it as a homerun ball?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't they be 'special' because they each have a serial number on them? That seems like the whole purpose of having a specially marked ball. I assume after each pitch that was fouled away, etc... the ump gets another ball for the pitcher.

craig

Borgland 07-26-2007 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
common decency

(btw i'd sell bond's ball)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Love or hate Bonds that ball will be worth some jack.

LionelHutz00 07-26-2007 01:18 AM

each ball is individually numbered, so they'll know which ball was the home run ball.

and hell yeah i'd sell that thing.

TheNoodleMan 07-26-2007 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Maybe I can claim all my busted lotto tickets are jackpot winners too.

hedxcold 07-26-2007 03:00 AM

i knew they were doing it for bonds, but didn't realize for arod too. did they do this when frank thomas hit 500?

Iconoclastic 07-26-2007 11:06 AM

What's so special about Arod's 498th HR ball? It's not a milestone.

SL__72 07-26-2007 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i knew they were doing it for bonds, but didn't realize for arod too. did they do this when frank thomas hit 500?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

zer0 07-26-2007 11:36 AM

the ball a-rod hit last night for #499 may end up being #500 if he hits one today vs. the orioles to end the suspended game from june