Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   live 3-6, straight, river pairs board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=460787)

metalpest 07-25-2007 08:24 PM

live 3-6, straight, river pairs board

Live 9-handed 3-6 game, very loose passive. I was earning 1BB/hour for 400 hours, now I play only while waiting for 200NL. This was during my most recent 15 minute session.

1 limper, 1 fold, I call with T9 suited, folds to CO who calls, SB folds BB checks. 4 to the flop, $12 post-drop.

4QJ rainbow, BB and EP check, I bet. LP calls, BB folds, EP calls.

Turn: K. Checked and I bet, LP folds. EP raises, I insta-3bet and he calls.

River: K, no flush possible. EP bets, I call.

Can anyone justify a river raise here? I'm pretty sure he doesn't hold AT, I put him on kings up on the turn. Getting 10 to 1, I'm certainly not folding. Also, if he checked to me, would I bet here? My plan was to check behind.

Other than the river action (my main concern) I'll take advice on other streets.

ACG2x 07-26-2007 11:01 AM

Re: live 3-6, straight, river pairs board

Villan is def. playing it like a hand that beats you. Yes, obv. call but don't raise. His c/r then call on the turn is interesting. I don't blame you for putting him on K's up.

If it was checked, I'd probably check behind in the absence of any reads. A decent number of hands that fit within villan's range beat us here.

Lethe 07-26-2007 11:42 AM

Definitely just call - if you raise and get 3-bet, are you folding?

If checked to, in the absence of any reads, I'm probably betting and calling a c/r. The average 3/6 player could easily just have a pair of kings on the turn and hit his trips on the river. Of course he could also have the FH, but I think too many hand are paying you off on the river to check it through.

shane88888 07-26-2007 01:26 PM

Fours full wouldn't surprise me.

I just call here since he's filled up as often as not, and calling a 3-bet here hurts, esp. when you don't have much of a read.

If checked to, I would bet/call. You get called by worse often enough to make the bet easy. You get c/r here often enough by trip kings to make the call easy. I think if he was stronger, he would almost always bet out.

Mygtar 07-26-2007 01:32 PM

Looks good. I would call the bet. As previouly stated getting 3-bet would stink. B/C on R if checked to.

Best of luck,
Mygtar

Niediam 07-26-2007 08:22 PM

Raise and call a reraise.

Villian is going to have trip kings far more than a boat.

Hielko 07-26-2007 08:29 PM

Where is your read?

Little Wing 07-26-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but I don't think a typical 3/6 villain would C/R the turn with just a pair of K's though...

shane88888 07-26-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I don't think a typical 3/6 villain would C/R the turn with just a pair of K's though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thinking, and why I feel a set here.

PokrLikeItsProse 07-26-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some live 3/6 players will make that play with KT or AK. A few frisky ones might do that with QT, especially if the king also gave them a flush draw.

If your opponent has the boat, I'm inclined to believe that your opponent has fours full or jacks full here. If he had kings full, I think he would go for the check-raise again. With trip kings or a smaller full house, he might bet/call rather than check-raise out of fear that you have a better hand.