Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   common to have this much of a br swing??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=459993)

rookiesnake 07-25-2007 12:00 AM

common to have this much of a br swing???

Ok here's the problem. I play mostly low limit sng's. Average of $5 buy-in and no more than 3 at a time. I started at $100 and have managed several times to get it to $200. Lately it has divebombed from $200 to $70. I feel like i'm playing well. Paying attetion to postion, playing well before the flop as in getting away from hands than can get me into trouble, ect. I was just wondering what kind of swing in your br is normal from just "bad luck" or a bad run of cards or is there something else i need to be watching in my game. i've gone from consisantly cashing to constantly being bubble or worse. it's driving me crazy!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

fightingcoward 07-25-2007 12:00 AM

Re: common to have this much of a br swing???

are you using ICM push/fold techniques?

Kevin8423 07-25-2007 12:02 AM

While its definitley possible to have that type of swing while playing well, I would be suprised if you don't have many leaks you are unaware of. Keep reading and post hands and the swings should calm down a bit.

rookiesnake 07-25-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you using ICM push/fold techniques?

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to be doing a good job of that. If i get around 10 bb's i either raise or fold and i usually don't have to worry about that till the blinds get big. early i like to keep the pot small unless i'm almost nutted.

chuckpalms04 07-25-2007 01:38 AM

are you playing turbos or regulars? how often do you study your hand histories afterwards? do you have SNGPT or sngwiz? do you have pokertracker? do you keep track of your stats? all of these things are important factors when trying to evaluate your play and figure out if your swings are normal or if you have big leaks in your game.

agnoke10 07-25-2007 01:40 AM

get sngwiz for sure

BeattysLuck 07-25-2007 01:42 AM

downswings suck. go over hand histories and im sure you will find something youre doing wrong. if youre not sure, post hands here and someone will help you out

mildeng 07-25-2007 01:42 AM

I'd agree with Kevin and ajp. Ive gone through a few swings recently which I'd have to attribute to developing leaks moreso than a bad string of cards. Post even the simplest hands you're thinking about in the forum... a good number of people will reply.

Kevin8423 07-25-2007 02:26 AM

The problem with reviewing your own HHs is that you usually think you are playing correctly in spots that are big leaks so you won't be able to find them yourself. Sure late game you can use SNGWiz but anytime before big blinds you won't find anything without either posting on 2p2 or, even better, sending full HHs to another solid player to review for you.

rookiesnake 07-25-2007 02:59 PM

ok my last question on this topic is.....is it possible to build a good br from low limit sngs or am i banging my head against the wall for no reason?