Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   UH! What now? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=459667)

mongidig 07-24-2007 05:28 PM

UH! What now?

20-40 live 9 handed.

Two eps limp, I limp with JdTd in MP, next player calls, cutoff calls, button raises(No Read, seems decent though), BB and all the rest call to the cutoff(TAG) who now reraises, the button caps and everyone calls.

The flop: Ad7d3c

It is checked to the cutoff who bets, button raises, BB reraises(She is super aggressive, could have a monster or could just have an Ace little kicker. She is an other wise solid player but can't get away from a hand. She reads people well but doesn't always act on her reads). Now here is the scary part. UTG(TAG) call, UTG+1(Tight passive) calls and now it is up to me.

What would you do?

cgrohman 07-24-2007 05:33 PM

Re: UH! What now?

Tough spot. Usually I just muck this because it sure looks liek bigger diamonds are a distinct possibility.

tribefan9 07-24-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tough spot. Usually I just muck this because it sure looks liek bigger diamonds are a distinct possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is much less likely since the ace of diamonds is on the board. I want to see all five cards, pot is way too big to fold.

KitCloudkicker 07-24-2007 05:48 PM

i say f'it and cap.

i dont think folding is an option.

you have to gamble to win my friend.

private joker 07-24-2007 05:58 PM

Please don't fold. In fact, you might as well cap it yourself to speed up the action and get to the turn card. Getting 12:1 essentially on a cap (if I count correctly, there were 14BBs PF and there will be 10 more BBs if the 5 opponents call the cap -- which will happen whether you do it or CO/button does), you only need 4 outs immediately to be priced in.

Given that you have 9 outs to a flush, we can still discount the 3d completely since that will clearly fill someone up to bring us to 8 outs -- and if you cut that in half because you may be 50% sure someone has the K-high or Q-high flush draw (KQs, Q9s, whatever), you still have odds to see the turn.

jeramy576 07-24-2007 08:49 PM

Something else I look for in a pot like this is a backdoor str8 draw, which you have. If you catch perfect 8-9 or K-Q. But regardless if I had a possible backdoor draw or not I'm going with this hand 'til the end or the board pairs. And like PJ said go ahead and cap it to speed up the action.

blindside 07-24-2007 09:07 PM

call...

AragornX151 07-24-2007 09:15 PM

Cap it. KQd and KTd are the only likely higher diamonds. With the Ad out there, you can't fold, and you may as well push your equity edge assuming that your flush is good.

If the board pairs on the turn and there's tons of action, you can give it up then.

Dagger78 07-25-2007 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KQd and KTd are the only likely higher diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

K4s, Q9s, Q7s, K6s, etc... This is live poker.

But in reality the pot is still massive, and even if you discount your 8 outs to 5 or 6 given the possibility of a higher flush, you can call.

private joker 07-25-2007 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap it. KQd and KTd are the only likely higher diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP has the Td. I think KQ, K9, and Q9 are the three most likely better flush draws.