Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL25 - how cautious can I be? AKo UI (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=459520)

Octopus 07-24-2007 03:05 PM

NL25 - how cautious can I be? AKo UI

UTG here is 50/7/0.5 in the 1 orbit he has been here. I have seen three of his hands. A set which he pounded all the way. T6o which he limped first in on the button and then called min bets with middle pair. And AA which he limp/reraised (and got allin preflop against KK).

UTG+1 is 27/2/inf on 45 hands. I have seen him min bet three times with an underpair against two opponents when he faced no resistance. I have also seen him take a shot on the turn with A9o UI when the flop was checked through.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($26.70)
UTG ($16.45)
UTG+1 ($47.15)
MP1 ($17.90)
Hero ($25.25)
MP3 ($10.55)
CO ($8.80)
Button ($17.55)
SB ($39.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.25, MP1 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.85) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $0.25</font>, Hero ...

Just throwing it in seems so ... wimpy. On the other hand, it is far from clear just what would constitute a good card on the turn. Thoughts?

As a side note, would you make a continuation bet here if +1 had not bet?

zyrrth 07-24-2007 03:07 PM

Re: NL25 - how cautious can I be? AKo UI

I'd raise to 4 and if anyone comes over the top or calls i'm done. Idon't know about NL25 but in my experience this is a weak pair or draw most of the time.

QTip 07-24-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise to 4 and if anyone comes over the top or calls i'm done. Idon't know about NL25 but in my experience this is a weak pair or draw most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone playing this way on the flop is most likely not folding to your raise with a draw. Are you then planning on firing again on the turn if a blank like a J falls.

AFCBeer 07-24-2007 03:27 PM

This is trickier than it looks because if we raise a big pot will be brewing and we don't yet have anything. This bet is nearly always a draw at this level so raising to $4 is good but it probably wont get a fold. We would then have to follow up with quite a large turn bet and hope the villain hasn't spiked a pair which he gets attached to. The question I would ask was whether its worth committing so much to the pot at this level with no pair.

Does anyone think a good play would be to call this donk bet with a view to taking a bigger stab at the pot on a safe turn card where we would have more fold equity?

CallMeJohn 07-24-2007 03:36 PM

i would ignore the minibet and treat it like a check.

Against 2 players on a missed flop, with both checking to you, a cbet would be situation dependant.

I would raise to 4 and that will probably be the last money i put in the pot if i don't improve.

KurtSF 07-24-2007 03:40 PM

At this level a stupid bet like that tell me they are lost. I auto-bet this about pot. Probably $5, maybe $4.

I shut down if called and I don't spike TPTK.

MarcusT 07-24-2007 04:29 PM

Yes, bet $5 and be done with the hand.

Octopus 07-24-2007 05:55 PM

Thanks all. I did raise and got called by UTG only. The turn was the king of flush and he checked. I checked behind. The river was a blank and he checked again. I made a smallish bet and was called by 99.

How much do you hate the turn check?

RyanCMU 07-24-2007 06:25 PM

His gaybet is basically a check, raise it up to almost pot sized and move onto the turn...

What really pisses me off is when they do this again on a turn blank...

CalledDownLight 07-24-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His gaybet is basically a check, raise it up to almost pot sized and move onto the turn...

What really pisses me off is when they do this again on a turn blank...

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, and I always get confused as hell when this happens on the turn again and then I shove and get looked up by bottom pair or something stupid.