Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL25: Blind Confrontation and hit 2 pr (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=458186)

oakrdrzfan 07-23-2007 06:56 AM

NL25: Blind Confrontation and hit 2 pr

Is this an instant push or call and see what the turn brings?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $24.00
Hero (BB): $25.00
UTG: $28.45
UTG+1: $16.45
MP: $14.55
CO: $69.50
BTN: $24.25

Reads: <font color="blue">New to table and this limit so no reads</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
5 folds, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, SB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?????

CazicT 07-23-2007 10:49 AM

Re: NL25: Blind Confrontation and hit 2 pr

Hmm, I don't like the looks of this. This isn't a normal donkey min. raise, this looks serious. I'd say since we have position, why not just call and see what he does on the turn.

I can see A6 as a big possibility as well as 22 or 66, Heck AA can't be ruled out either. He might have just an ace or be doing some kind of semi bluff here, but I kinda doubt it.

MarcusT 07-23-2007 01:36 PM

I'd say he has an weak ace and wants to check how good your hand is. Pushing would make him fold, but maybe he'd call a minraise. (Let's see how many people will want to kill me right now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

vitti 07-23-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say he has an weak ace and wants to check how good your hand is. Pushing would make him fold, but maybe he'd call a minraise. (Let's see how many people will want to kill me right now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
#1 here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
i don't think he got A6 here - well he's oop and calls twice - that doesn't seem right.

so either he's playin junk/set/ or another ace (?)

if we call - the pot will contain 14 dollar - each of as about 18 dollar left - so i would propably call- and push if a blank hit's - if the third spade comes - well semi bluff nut flush straight is a possibility - so i would c/f then

but i really don't like his check raise :-/ hmm...

oakrdrzfan 07-24-2007 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if we call - the pot will contain 14 dollar - each of as about 18 dollar left - so i would propably call- and push if a blank hit's - if the third spade comes - well semi bluff nut flush straight is a possibility - so i would c/f then

but i really don't like his check raise :-/ hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

I went through a similar analysis, although quickly and just decided to push. He showed AQ and my hand held up. I wondered later if pushing the flop would force too many hands I was beating out of the pot as opposed to waiting for the turn.

CallMeJohn 07-24-2007 01:14 PM

I like the flop push.

The only reason to call would be in indcue a bluff on later streets. But this is a bad idea with a flush draw on board.

Also, you should make a note that he plays AQ like this from the blinds.

NH

SABR42 07-24-2007 01:23 PM

Shove.

RyanCMU 07-24-2007 02:02 PM

Shove time.