Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My situation - need advice from fellow 2p2'rs..... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=457814)

gobby888 07-22-2007 07:22 PM

My situation - need advice from fellow 2p2\'rs.....

ok guys, I don't normally make these kind of posts but I figured if I don't ask for help, I'll be stuck in a rut.

I'm currently playing NL25 on Poker Rewards, usually 3 tabling - basically, I'm bonus whoring, having moved on from the usual Party reload where I 4-tabled. I've only got 13k hands under my belt, the latter half up until now whilst short staking. tbh, i can see my winrate increase slightly due to this, but its boring as hell and I find I'm not learning anything.

I have a full-time job and a few other commitments, so I don't have as much time as I'd like to dedicate to improving my poker skills, to the point where I can go pro and leave my job (yes, I know this is a dream for many).

I can dedicate 2-3hrs per evening to poker.

So I've signed up to 2p2, posted a bit here and there, bought HOH1, NLHTAP, LGB, LBB, Ed Miller's GSIH'E. My daily commute to and from work, you'll find me either reading one of these books or reading articles printed out from the uNL master sticky. But no matter how much I read, I'm not actively working on my game. I just sit there multitabling, trying to get enough raked hands to fulfill bonus criteria, not caring at all to make notes on players or review my PT hands at all.

Hence, I need some guidance. Where to start, I think I've probably read too much and haven't fully understood the concepts, nor given time to implement them into my game.

I'm at a complete loss, I don't know what to do

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

jessyj07 07-22-2007 07:25 PM

Re: My situation - need advice from fellow 2p2\'rs.....

Read a little of 2p2, practice, [censored] up, see where/how u [censored] up, and practice again. Even if you have the br for the $25, I'd recommend the $10 at Stars for a while.

fees 07-22-2007 07:28 PM

You need a coach, PM me I can definitly help you out with alot of stuff

Gelford 07-22-2007 07:29 PM

There are two things that come before most

1. Equity and ranges
Questions like how does my hand fare against villians range.

2. Betting patterns.
Questions like given opponents range and tendency, what does it mean when he donks into me suddenly ????

Since you have a full time job, it does not sound like you need the money from bonus whoring, so find your self a nice little site, where that does not exist deposit a roll for whatever stake you'd like to start at and start building that roll.

Three tables sound like a nice amount [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GL mate !

gobby888 07-22-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are two things that come before most

1. Equity and ranges
Questions like how does my hand fare against villians range.

2. Betting patterns.
Questions like given opponents range and tendency, what does it mean when he donks into me suddenly ????

Since you have a full time job, it does not sound like you need the money from bonus whoring, so find your self a nice little site, where that does not exist deposit a roll for whatever stake you'd like to start at and start building that roll.

Three tables sound like a nice amount [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GL mate !

[/ QUOTE ]

The whoring part, I'll admit has carried over from BJ/Vid Poker, which I still do to an extent. I can't help it, its basically free money (well, almost) [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I have a job and it pays average, but I'm living in London in the biggest house price bubble and I can't even afford a 1 bed flat on the outskirts.

Regarding hand reading, I've read that awesome post by Pokey, and use PokerAce HUD to read villains, but I still need alot of work on that.

Gelford 07-22-2007 09:26 PM

Yeah London is sick, but on the other hand, once you get the skills to play 100NL you will be able to pull in 2K a month playing two hours daily .... I mean, that has got to be more than your whoring ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

barryc83 07-22-2007 10:38 PM

first off all im not hating on fees at all, i dont know him really, but you dont NEED a coach. read 2p2, figure out who the intelligent posters are and heed their advice. play standard ABC poker and win.

Heine 07-22-2007 10:53 PM

I'd find the stickies about BR management, and aggressive building. It sounds like you have a job, and losing your roll at 25NL wouldn't be bad. I'd say (and sounds like you have similar situation) you play loosely as far as BR requirements till you hit 100nl.

Then you start talking about a couple grand it usually means something. Plus loosing all the money is also loosing all the work you put into it. If the money isn't part of your income, i say play with around 20 buyins per level. Take shots at 15 or so.

Run hot, and then move up.

Just my 2 cents.

shyturtle27 07-22-2007 10:57 PM

Sign up for Cardrunners and purchase all of the low limit series videos by brystmar. Watch one each night for a week while taking notes. They're only about an hour a piece. Then play two tables MAX of your limit applying the concepts and then do a ten minute review of your biggest winning and losing pots. If you get stuck on a decision then post a hand and concentrate on your tought process. I'd go play some 10NL at Stars.

Capone 07-22-2007 11:02 PM

Learn to play solidly post flop. Read as much and post as much as you can. Any spots that you have trouble with post on 2+2 just constantly try to improve your game and NEVER get complacent.