Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL25: AQo in BB, advice on play (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=457562)

leatangclan 07-22-2007 12:58 PM

NL25: AQo in BB, advice on play

I generally have trouble playing AQ. I have a tendency to get into trouble with them. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $31.05
Hero (BB): $47.20
UTG: $24.55
MP: $24.65
CO: $25.25
BTN: $58.50

Reads: <font color="blue">This is my first time with villan I belief so not much history here except he seems to min raises a lot. So with the pot size raise here I thought my AQ here stands a chance.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.60

<font color="blue">Is calling here correct, or should I have rr? I would have rr with AK but I don't think rr with AQ is such a good idea. </font>

Flop: ($1.80) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, MP calls $1.00

<font color="blue">Since I am oop so I thought I'd try to take control of the board. My thinking is villan may not have a king and chance are he would not have flopped a stright with the large raise.</font>

Turn: ($3.80) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.00</font>, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="blue">I was still trying to control the board but I think my bet was too weak. I was trying to maintain control while keeping the pot small. So much for that idea with the min raise from villan. Since I still have outs I called. </font>

River: ($9.80) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero??? </font>

<font color="blue">Here's where I'm lost. I don't know if I gave off the wrong signal on the turn and villan thought I was making a play, or busted draw. Or villan genuinely had a hand that can beat the board. I think I played this hand poorly and would welcome all suggestions or critisms on all streets. TIA! </font>
Pot Size: $12.80

spivey 07-22-2007 01:01 PM

Re: NL25: AQo in BB, advice on play

Reraise preflop, bet flop, and then be done with the hand.

leatangclan 07-22-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reraise preflop, bet flop, and then be done with the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So AQ is a pretty big hand in a six handed table is what I surmised.

Ramana 07-22-2007 01:33 PM

PFRR from the blinds depends on your style and on the opponent you're playing. But it is by no menas a must. Often I only call a PFR w AKo. You want to see 5 cards with a hand like that and that gets much mure difficult if you're OOP.

I like the flop lead, on the turn I'd like to 1/2 pot, obv inta-fold to the minraise. Another option is to c/c flop and lead turn. This may get you to a cheap SD.

TITHEAD 07-22-2007 02:23 PM

i would fold to the reraise on the turn. I dont like the cold call on the flop then the raise on the turn. I am pretty sure you are behind

leatangclan 07-22-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would fold to the reraise on the turn. I dont like the cold call on the flop then the raise on the turn. I am pretty sure you are behind

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of hands you put villan on? I'm just curious. I really don't know what he could hold here.

Capone 07-22-2007 02:43 PM

Yeah for sure you overplay AQ.

Pre-flop: Your oop i think the call is fine, you can 3-bet though.

Flop: I like your bet.

Turn:Turn I c/f here. He didn't call this flop with anything you beat. As played I fold to the raise even though it was small.

River: As playing easy fold the way he played it.

Capone 07-22-2007 02:44 PM

He could have, AK,KQ,KJ,A10,K10s,QJ.

Ramana 07-22-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of hands you put villan on? I'm just curious. I really don't know what he could hold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villains range is very wide and a KQJ flop should look very scary for you. All you beat is AJ.

A10Chief 07-22-2007 03:16 PM

Reraise preflop with AQ nearly always. The exception is if a complete rock is the opener or if there has been a raise and reraise already. I prefer a check/call on the flop here. Call this river.