Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Do I hold on to JJ here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=457175)

JamesBJames 07-21-2007 08:58 PM

Do I hold on to JJ here?

I had only been at the table for a few hands, so I don't really have any read on either of my opponents.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero....?

I was confused about this one. SB woke up on the turn after the second queen fell, and the pot was also kind of small. Assuming you don't know anything about the SB player, what would you do?

Todd 07-21-2007 09:34 PM

Re: Do I hold on to JJ here?

would call down here. he might have you on AK and figure with the Qs you dont have a Q.

TheBad 07-21-2007 10:04 PM

Call down, until his stats are saying otherwise. He has Tx way to often to fold.

On the other hand, this migth be a nice spot to try an agressive approach by raising. Maybe he donīt like his queen that much (Q2o-Q9o) and will give you a free showdown (or better). Of course, that would be the last money i put in this pot.

Aaron W. 07-21-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, this migth be a nice spot to try an agressive approach by raising. Maybe he donīt like his queen that much (Q2o-Q9o) and will give you a free showdown (or better). Of course, that would be the last money i put in this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this senseless aggression helps us how?

sharpie 07-22-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And this senseless aggression helps us how?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only benefit I can see to raising the turn, is if we have SB beat and MP has specifically KJ, but that is quite a parlay, plus KJ is only 8 combos since we have 2 jacks. Pretty much any other hand we don't want MP folding.

marchron 07-22-2007 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call down, until his stats are saying otherwise. He has Tx way to often to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
The times he doesn't have Tx, he has Qx and you're about to be owned. In certain circumstances, this is a good play, but not here.

FineStyle 07-22-2007 07:11 AM

I'm just wondering if I could fold without specific read. The pot is large but not that large. On the flop he might call with a draw or even TX. But here it looks like QX.
A raise doesn't help here, no one folds with QX on that level.

Buzz-cp 07-22-2007 01:39 PM

call down..this is wa/wb. Bet river if checked to.

Buzz

JamesBJames 07-22-2007 10:18 PM

I actually made the wrong decision --- folding. I guess I got too scared of the SB's turn aggression and made the assumption that, since he was passive on the flop, might be holding a weak queen. I didn't think I was good often enough to call two bets on the turn and river, especially if I still had the cutoff to act behind me. I didn't really add Tx to the SB's probable range for some reason.

I appreciate all of the advice too. Thanks!

bozlax 07-23-2007 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call down..this is wa/wb. Bet river if checked to.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not HU.

We seem to be going through another bout of WA/WB-itis on the forum again. Anybody else noticing it?