Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   How to extract max value from flopped boat (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=456128)

cowboy billy 07-20-2007 01:51 PM

How to extract max value from flopped boat

I've been playing a lot of limit and recently returned to no limit, therefore I'm not sure how we extract most value out of this hand

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $63.47
BB: $90.92
UTG: $50.79
MP: $50.84
CO: $49.75
BTN: $58.38

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.50</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.25, BB calls $2.00, UTG calls $2.00

Flop: ($10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero...?

(no reads on pfr since he just sat down)

losingdonkey 07-20-2007 01:53 PM

Re: How to extract max value from flopped boat

bet thats all you can do, checking = opposite of extraction. Charge them for whatever overpair or straight draw they may or may not have.

Perk76 07-20-2007 01:55 PM

Starts with leading out hoping for a 3bet opportunity. Hands like this take your opponent to have something else, i.e. an over pair or maybe a 5.

Check raising makes it too easy for an overpair to fold. In this spot you have UTG, CO, and BB...3 players..so just lead into the pot if UTG checks.

DaycareInferno 07-20-2007 01:56 PM

this is a great board to get action on as the pfr. people will bluff at you a lot here.

monkeymaps 07-20-2007 01:57 PM

I would just bet like 7-8 and hope you get raised buy someone with an over pair.

Isura 07-20-2007 02:06 PM

Lead out for $5-6

monkeymaps 07-20-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead out for $5-6

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually try to donk bet about the same size I would c/bet a made hand is this good or bad or doesnt matter? Obv OP isnt making a c/bet here.

DaycareInferno 07-20-2007 02:23 PM

oops. i misread the hh. i was thinking you were the pfr for some reason. i still agree with what others said about betting out though. i think you get more money out of something like p9 by betting than you do check/raising. you get people in this bind where they call you, and then when a 2 drops on the turn they think "well, i called him once and nothing changed, therefore i have to call him again!"

cowboy billy 07-20-2007 02:25 PM

yeah, I wasn't sure as to whether I should lead or go for a c/r

after thinking about it some more I think I prefer leading as well, just like limit

KJatl 07-20-2007 02:26 PM

With so many people in the hand, I think you should throw out a medium-ish bet; you're bound to get called by at least one player. I'd say about $6 is a good amount. I think any overpair and some stubborn Ax hands will stick around. You're more likely to get called on the flop then on the turn if a blank hits.