Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ivey > Aba, PA, Durr, Zigmund, Krantz, etc. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455189)

dagrinder15 07-19-2007 02:04 PM

Ivey > Aba, PA, Durr, Zigmund, Krantz, etc.

Ivey is obviously better than all these online superstars that won't last, look @ brad booth, dude was huge and now he's broke, cts can't afford nosebleed no more and Aba keeps losing heads up to Ivey. Ivey is god. Discuss.

NoMeansYes_ 07-19-2007 02:05 PM

Re: Ivey > Aba, PA, Durr, Zigmund, Krantz, etc.

You have potential

iveyleague24 07-19-2007 02:07 PM

sir, you need to be syndicated.

LGs0pHT 07-19-2007 02:07 PM

Yeah I think Aba was tilting yesterday a couple of times. First Ivey crushed him, then he crushed Ivey (like 150k+), than Ivey recrushed him (like 100k+) and then he broke even but eventually Ivey crushed him 100% in the end.

However, I am not much of a railbird and did not follow so many hands since I was multitabling on the other screen. One time I saw aba making a pretty weak call with slowplayed twopair vs. runner runner flush.

phifediggy 07-19-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I think Aba was tilting yesterday a couple of times. First Ivey crushed him, then he crushed Ivey (like 150k+), than Ivey recrushed him (like 100k+) and then he broke even but eventually Ivey crushed him 100% in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice summary.

EWS87 07-19-2007 02:34 PM

as much of a troll as OP is trying to be, he does have a point

Vega33 07-19-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ivey is obviously better than all these online superstars that won't last, look @ brad booth, dude was huge and now he's broke, cts can't afford nosebleed no more and Aba keeps losing heads up to Ivey. Ivey is god. Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like Ivey's game more if he didn't have the tendency to leave a game when he gets down. That seems to indicate that he knows he has tilting problems in spite of his image. If he was truly a poker god, he'd have no need to leave games like that.

Orlando Salazar 07-19-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like Ivey's game more if he didn't have the tendency to leave a game when he gets down. That seems to indicate that he knows he has tilting problems in spite of his image. If he was truly a poker god, he'd have no need to leave games like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it shows him to be more of a poker god. How many of us can quit when we are stuck and maybe not playing our best?

kassdog 07-19-2007 02:43 PM

No comment because last time i made a comment about about this type i was banned, even though in the sticky it says not to make post like this.

EWS87 07-19-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is kind of backwards...obv in a perfect world the perfect player would NEVER tilt...but there is not a poker player on earth including reese, barry, etc that does not tilt...this making ivey's decision to stop playing +ev...at this level, noones edge is that huge, so it would not be correct for ivey to play no matter what...if he only plays when he is +ev vs players who are going to play when they tilt...it gives him a HUGE edge long run