Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Hand from last night's live 2/5 NL game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455040)

DrewDevil 07-19-2007 10:53 AM

Hand from last night\'s live 2/5 NL game

This is a very soft 2/5 NL game.

I get KTo in the small blind, there are 5-6 limpers, so I complete.

Flop is AQJ rainbow for the nut straight.

I check and it checks around to the button, who is a complete idiot that doesn't appear to understand anything about poker. Anyway, he bets $25, I call and I think everybody else calls except 1 guy folds.

Turn is a second diamond. I check again and it checks around to the button again, who bets $25 again.

At this point, I am concerned about the flush, so I raise it to $125, and everyone folds. Did I play it right or should I have just called and tried to get more money in the pot, risking someone completing a flush on the river?

PoppaTMan 07-19-2007 11:45 AM

Re: Hand from last night\'s live 2/5 NL game

When I'm playing with idiots, I'd much rather lead the flop here. You're going to get called by the same pair+gutshot and top pair hands as the button did, and occasionally raised by a drooler behind you with like.. ATo. Unless you have a nitty image and they're actually paying attention, I don't see much justification for slowplaying a flopped broadway.

As played, I definitely want to be putting more money in the pot right now. Your raise looks fine, maybe a little too big judging by the betting standards of the table. However, I might be biased since you already posted results.

mappedout 07-19-2007 12:06 PM

cking the flop is ok i guess, but yes with more than one caller on the flop + the idiot on the btn you should lead turn and hope to get raised so you can then 3bet. doubtful the btn is on the backdoor flush draw so isolate on the turn and get the most from the IDIOT.

jlocdog 07-19-2007 12:07 PM

Do not check the turn (flop is meh but understandable). Build this pot. The more money in the middle, the more people will chase with trash.

Understand who you think you will be c/r'ng. If UTG was the idiot bettor then I most definetly check turn. Having the BT be the idiot only hurts your c/r since it most likely eliminates everyone in between with your raise.

Praetor 07-19-2007 12:19 PM

lead flop

Vidocq 07-20-2007 12:12 AM

you can't win any money unless you get some in the pot

Hince 07-20-2007 12:17 AM

This flop hits a lot of hands. Checking flop is w/e. But definitely lead that turn. C/r kills a lot of your action.

ikestoys 07-20-2007 12:27 AM

its amazing that you have this many posts but are confused by this hand..

FireStorm 07-20-2007 12:55 AM

To be honest I saw your post count and thought the same thing. Please lead this flop next time, in live donk 2/5 you will get all sorts of drawing-nearly-dead calls, and raised surprisingly frequently. You have a big hand, play a big pot with it.

As played, your turn C/R trying to blow him off his hand is probably too big relative to the pot. C/R'ing isn't really a good line, but if you do, $90 or $100 is fine, his hand will become fairly obvious if he has a backdoor diamond draw that hits the river, and you will lose little while still having charged him on the turn.

ajloeffl 07-20-2007 01:15 AM

Ok, I'll try to be civil but that flop check was actually horrible in my opinion. With that many opponents it is likely that someone has an ace or possibly bottom two pair or a pair and a gutshot. You need to lead the flop for about 2/3 to full size of the pot since it is fairly small compared to stack sizes and then bet between 1/2 and 2/3 pot on the turn praying for a raise to then shove. You dont give any stack sizes so please give them next time. Also, power moves like a checkraise give your hand away. If you just lead at the pot twice people have no clue that you are so strong.