Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   In case you weren't certain that Marbury is nuts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454138)

IrishHand 07-18-2007 10:50 AM

In case you weren\'t certain that Marbury is nuts

For those with lingering doubts about Marbury's loose screw, from today's "Starbury Blogs", a New York Post feature written by the wacky one himself:

[ QUOTE ]
This will be my 12th season in the league. When my contract is up in two years, I want to go play overseas in Italy and retire over there. Berman has the story in today's Post, but I'd like to explain it further.

During the Olympics, David Stern told us about how big basketball was becoming around the world. He was right. Now I want to make it even bigger for the United States.

For my 14th pro season, I want to go when I can still go hard and give the people what they want. I'm looking at how David Beckham is getting love for coming here. He's 32. I'll be 32 at the end of my Knicks' contract. Imagine if someone told him not to follow his heart to play soccer in the U.S.

I want to do the same thing for basketball and spread the Starbury Movement so people all around the world can benefit. I want to make things affordable for everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what?

A little later in the blog:

[ QUOTE ]
That's why I want to go back to Italy after winning the championship with the Knicks.

When I interviewed Jim Brown for my TV show "Stars on Stars'', he had told me not to go out on anyone else's note but to go out on my own note.

My deal with Fox Sports Net ends this month and we're talking to some networks now to reach even more people. I can't wait till we do a Starbury reality TV for my journey overseas.

My whole life I have wanted to do what Michael Jordan has done on the basketball court. But just on the basketball court. I have not tried to be like him off the court. I have a different vision for who I want to be off the court and the life I want to create to help change the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Championship with the Knicks? Like Jordan on the court? I think this guy hired Baghdad Bob as his publicist since I'm pretty sure that Jordan never averaged 16, 3 and 5 in his prime.

wh1t3bread 07-18-2007 11:00 AM

Re: In case you weren\'t certain that Marbury is nuts

[ QUOTE ]

I want to do the same thing for basketball and spread the Starbury Movement so people all around the world can benefit. I want to make things affordable for everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is obviously a bit off his rocker, but the Starbury Movement (providing extremely affordable, quality athletic gear) is a really good cause IMO.

More on it here and here.

negtv capability 07-18-2007 11:08 AM

He might be crazy and might not be a good team guy, but I believe him when he says that he wants to make a difference in the world. I also credit him on having the courage to attempt the Starbury shoe line thing. They are priced below what the market would otherwise demand. It sends a message to kids and opens dialogue between parents and kids about the consumer "need" to have the most expensive item for social standing. His heart is in the right place, at least part of the time. You could say that he's a dreamer, but he's not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us; and the world will buy the Starbury One.

Gregatron 07-18-2007 11:23 AM

Yeah, the guy is nuts, and his heart is in the right place. He is the combination of being being both hilariously entertaining (in that bat sh!t insane kinda way) and a good person.

I want to see Starbury and Rickey Henderson form a pro wrestling tag team.

Ralph Wiggum 07-18-2007 11:24 AM

He's crazy nice.

Popinjay 07-18-2007 01:25 PM

At least he's honest about his inability to compete as a superstar PG in the nBA

Vyse 07-18-2007 01:40 PM

What's wrong with this? He should be commended.

Boris 07-18-2007 01:51 PM

Irish you are kind of an idiot. Starbury never said he was like Jordan. He said he wanted to be like Jordan.

Starbury makes a blog entry that is positive in every aspect - wants to win a championship, wants to give people cheap high quality goods - and you call him crazy. Maybe you are the crazy one.

FUJItheFISH 07-18-2007 03:18 PM

his athletic gear is awesome.

Butcho22 07-18-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with this? He should be commended.

[/ QUOTE ]