Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL 50: Flopped set & and deep stacked villian mini-raises (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454058)

Reckless Rick 07-18-2007 08:00 AM

NL 50: Flopped set & and deep stacked villian mini-raises

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

I just sat down at the table. This is my 2nd or 3rd hand so I don't have reads. With no reads I simply limped with my small pocket pair.

SB: $85.00
BB: $96.85
UTG: $29.45
UTG+1: $9.25
Hero (MP1): $51.20
MP2: $42.50
CO: $50.25
BTN: $40.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8 Players)
2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, MP2 folds, CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($1.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>,

<font color="blue">I flop a set and try to build a pot as quickly as possible, therefore I bet. Do you agree?</font>

CO calls $1.50, <font color="red">

<font color="blue"> CO calls, so I can easily put him on either the flush draw or a weak Q or maybe even a lower pair.</font>

BB raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>,

<font color="blue"> Now BB makes a silly mini-raise in a limped pot. I can rule out QQ, since he would have raised preflop most of the times. 44 is likely but he also might have lead out being afraid of the flush draw. He could have two pair with Q4, 43,Q3. The two holdings that include the case 3 are less likely. He could have 75 or 52 with or withoug diamonds but that is about it.</font>

So what do I do?
1) just call
2) raise it up to 12-16$
3) move all-in

Thanks for your comments.

SABR42 07-18-2007 08:11 AM

Re: NL 50: Flopped set & and deep stacked villian mini-raises

Re-raise to $16, and shove any turn.

Since he is the BB in an unraised pot, he could have Q4, Q3, 43, etc... He could also have 44, but that's a cooler.

CazicT 07-18-2007 10:59 AM

100% raise. I would do 12, I guess you could do more. With 2 others in the pot, I don't think this is strong enough to "slow play" and hopefully the BB has 2 pair and will go all the way. Who knows, the CO might even make a loose call, but doubtful.

mce86 07-18-2007 11:37 AM

I just call here. Not much scary on this board. BB will act first and you'll get more money if you rasie the turn. Yes, a diamond could come and you'll slow down, but I doubt the BB is check raiseing a flush draw on the flop.
I am definitely raising the turn!

CallMeJohn 07-18-2007 12:03 PM

This needs to be a raise. If he has QQ, make a note that he checks this from the BB. If he has 44, that is a cooler.

Everything else we beat. Two pair will stack off and we want to charge them if they are drawing.

Reckless Rick 07-18-2007 12:12 PM

but if he really has two pair here another diamond on the turn will kill my action. So just calling seems a little bit tricky here.

mce86 07-18-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but if he really has two pair here another diamond on the turn will kill my action. So just calling seems a little bit tricky here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats a vailid point. I think you can play it both ways...reraising here could kill your action though as well and not let him get more money in on the turn. He's gonna lead the turn, and the bet will be bigger, so you will get to make a more significant raise getting a larger portion of his stack we are playing for.

Bianculli 07-18-2007 12:33 PM

I like the flop bet.

I would reraise to 12. He c/r'ed a bet and a call and did so with an amount that is geared towards enticing calls and building a pot while he is oop, so he likes his hand.

I would not push.

CallMeJohn 07-18-2007 12:40 PM

mce86,

If you just call the c/r, what is the plan for the rest of the hand?

Calling also gives CO great calling odds to chase his flush.

mce86 07-18-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mce86,

If you just call the c/r, what is the plan for the rest of the hand?

Calling also gives CO great calling odds to chase his flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
If diamond falls and BB bets, and MP folds, I raise big.
If diamond falls and BB bets, MP2 raises, I fold. If MP2 calls, I call.
Any non diamond I will raise the turn.