Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   USA Curling #3! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=45308)

asb165 02-24-2006 10:46 AM

USA Curling #3!

<font color="red"> USA </font> USA <font color="blue"> USA </font>

Seriously, how did I just watch this for 3 hours. It's like I was hypnotized or something.

Wes Mantooth 02-24-2006 11:09 AM

Re: USA Curling #3!

in your face Great Britain!

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-24-2006 11:22 AM

It's too bad they played their worst game of the Olympics in the semifinal against Canada, but it's great they came out with the first ever curling medal for the US. Fenson and Rojewski are awesome.

Hopey 02-24-2006 12:06 PM

People make fun of curling all the time, but it's a fun game to watch on TV -- especially when there's something big on the line like an Olympic medal.

The game is simple enough that a casual viewer can understand it fairly quickly, plus there are plenty of moments of drama where a player has to make a big shot.

In Canada, the only sport that has more viewers than curling is hockey, and even then sometimes the curling ratings are higher than they are for hockey.

DMBFan23 02-24-2006 12:42 PM

we should make a nude curling calendar to celebrate

WayAbvPar 02-24-2006 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we should make a nude curling calendar to celebrate

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

Crveballin 02-24-2006 03:07 PM

Suprisingly it is interesting to watch but I bet the novelty would where off after the first match.

On a random note, about 7 years back on spring break I was in Niagra Falls in a sports bar trying to catch the Duke vs UNC game during the ACC tournament. It was probably the biggest game that year for college basketball and the douchebag bartender wouldnt turn it off curling for us to watch it.

MrFeelNothin 02-24-2006 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> MINNESOTA </font> MINNESOTA <font color="blue"> MINNESOTA </font>

Seriously, how did I just watch this for 3 hours. It's like I was hypnotized or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Silent A 02-24-2006 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suprisingly it is interesting to watch but I bet the novelty would where off after the first match.

On a random note, about 7 years back on spring break I was in Niagra Falls in a sports bar trying to catch the Duke vs UNC game during the ACC tournament. It was probably the biggest game that year for college basketball and the douchebag bartender wouldnt turn it off curling for us to watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's curling on TV in the spring then it's probably something like the Briar (i.e. men's national curling championship). The only thing bigger up here is a Stanley Cup final with a Canadian team in it. Asking him to switch it is like me asking an American bartender to switch from the World Series so I can see a CFL game - not going to happen.

Uncle Wimp 02-25-2006 01:43 AM

You had to cross the river into Niagara Falls, N.Y., to watch American college basketball, which is waaaaay down the list in Canada, after the NHL, curling, junior hockey, college hockey, midget hockey, floor hockey, bubble hockey....