Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Prof NL Holdem: When is the cuttoff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=452517)

+EV 07-16-2007 02:27 PM

Prof NL Holdem: When is the cuttoff

Hello, I just pre-ordered. Will I be in the first wave of shipments? When is the cutoff?

+EV

JackCase 07-16-2007 03:43 PM

Re: Prof NL Holdem: When is the cuttoff

You might try contacting whoever it was you pre-ordered from and asking them.

Bad Beat Maker 07-16-2007 10:53 PM

Borders here in Fort Myers always has new 2+2 books in stock that same day. Got Stox's book (no I don't play that high, but just to read it) the day it came out.

JackCase 07-16-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Borders here in Fort Myers always has new 2+2 books in stock that same day. Got Stox's book (no I don't play that high, but just to read it) the day it came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not physically possible. Books have to go from the printer or from the publisher to the Border's warehouse and then to the individual stores. Quote from Mason elsewhere in this forum regarding another book:

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. We expect to be shipping books out of our office on that day. Then it usually takes a week or so for the books to begin to appear in places like Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc. We'll try to get some books to the local Las Vegas gambling stores as soon as we can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Beat Maker 07-16-2007 11:25 PM

JackCase, I bought the book the day it came out. There is a Borders warehouse near Jacksonville too so perhaps that has something to do with it? Only 4.5 hour drive.

I was however going through my monthly, what day is it routine.

Professionalpoker 07-17-2007 01:22 AM

You may of bought it the day it came out to the store but that was several days/weeks after 2+2 received it at their office. Ground shipping from Vegas to FL is 5-7 days alone then it had to get out of the local warehouse.

uDevil 07-17-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You may of bought it the day it came out to the store but that was several days/weeks after 2+2 received it at their office. Ground shipping from Vegas to FL is 5-7 days alone then it had to get out of the local warehouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

If these claims are accurate, the implications are mindboggling. Border's has developed transporter technology! Beam me a copy, Scotty.

*TT* 07-17-2007 03:51 AM

the cutoff is one position to the right of the button, and to the left of the highjack. I dont think this is specific to Prof NL Hold'em however [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Wubbie075 07-17-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the cutoff is one position to the right of the button, and to the left of the highjack. I dont think this is specific to Prof NL Hold'em however [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should not have laughed at this as hard as I did