Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   How dangerous are free cards? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451367)

T_Mac 07-15-2007 02:12 AM

How dangerous are free cards?

3rd day of ME. I have roughly 260k and the avg stack is around 300k. I have an aggressive image and I got caught making a big bluff a little earlier. Blinds 2500/5000 with 1000 ante and I raise utg to 15000. Amazingly I get 5 callers (pretty much only multiway raised pot all day) and i have 22. The callers are right to my left, cutoff, button, and both bilnds. Flop comes 9 5 2 rainbow. Bet or check?

bugstud 07-15-2007 02:26 AM

Re: How dangerous are free cards?

If only one caller was in the blinds I'd check. As is I'd bet like 55k and jam the turn. I think if the guy to your immediate left doesn't bet the button is not gonna fire too often?

nath 07-15-2007 02:40 AM

Wow there is almost no danger to giving free cards here, but having said that, I'd bet like 30k because some idiot will think that looks weak and raise you

THAY3R 07-15-2007 03:05 AM

Giving a free card when you have a hand that you are willing to go broke on is dumb/wrong.

What can people catch on the turn that will make them go broke to the original raiser in a multiway pot that you can beat?

Cornell Fiji 07-15-2007 03:09 AM

You want to bet to build the pot to stack someone and not necessarily to protect your hand.

You want people to put you on AK and call at least one street with their pocket pair or you want them to try to raise you off your rags.

There are also metagame concerns that I personally don't concern myself with.

Isura 07-15-2007 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You want to bet to build the pot to stack someone and not necessarily to protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[ QUOTE ]

You want people to put you on AK and call at least one street with their pocket pair or you want them to try to raise you off your rags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty unlikely this happens unless one of the blinds decides to pull a hero bluff. The players on our left are going to be in a tough spot when we bet because of all the players still to act.

[ QUOTE ]

There are also metagame concerns that I personally don't concern myself with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Hero got 5 callers, its the first big multiway pot, and he's OOP. This is a great spot to check a set, and hope for some action behind. You gotta be really bad to bet AK or w/e in this spot, so its really natural to check. Stay out of the way and hope for some retarded action.

gobboboy 07-15-2007 03:38 AM

Bet bet bet bet bet bet bet.

tsarast 07-15-2007 04:18 AM

i like betting... you already said that you have an image of a bluffer... its very possible that if you bet 40k (slightly less then half pot), someone with a pair will call or raise you... assuming you have two bigs. There is a very good chance in a huge multiway pot everyone will check the flop, as people play very scared in 6-way pots in tourneys.

ShipitFMA 07-15-2007 09:21 AM

How bad is betting 35k - 40k here, a weakish bet and CRAI on the turn? Given your image this would be good

WarDekar 07-15-2007 10:34 AM

Bet because it's a multi-way pot and you're trying to stack someone...

I'm all for slow-playing but if you try and get fancy here no one is ever stacking off with worse hands you're much more likely to get it done by leading this flop and hoping someone is an idiot - this is your Jesus flop you gotta bet it to play for stacks now.