Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Letter about possible I.D. theft??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451316)

xxGreat1xx 07-14-2007 11:46 PM

Letter about possible I.D. theft???

Did anyone else get a letter from Certegy saying that an online merchant sold mine and a lot of others bank account information to some sort of broker and now all my information is just floating around out there somewhere. I'm thinking this may be from epassporte but it's really got me worried. Did anyone else get this letter too? If not then it prob isnt from epass.

kyleb 07-14-2007 11:55 PM

Re: Letter about possible I.D. theft???

I didn't get it.

neelyohara 07-15-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else get a letter from Certegy saying that an online merchant sold mine and a lot of others bank account information to some sort of broker and now all my information is just floating around out there somewhere. I'm thinking this may be from epassporte but it's really got me worried. Did anyone else get this letter too? If not then it prob isnt from epass.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got it.

lala 07-15-2007 12:25 AM

i got it too

kyleb 07-15-2007 12:34 AM

well son of a bitch i better check my mailbox again

brendanb438 07-15-2007 10:30 AM

Was this an email or a snail mail? If email is it a phishing attempt? I get that shiat all the time.

Certegy is a dirrty company anyway I wish my place of business didn't work with them.

-Brendan

xxGreat1xx 07-15-2007 01:09 PM

it was a letter in my mail box. Not an email. It must be from epassporte. God this sucks so bad

jeff329 07-15-2007 01:15 PM

what does ePassporte have to do with this? Seems strange to jump to such a conclusion with absolutely no connection to ePassporte?

xxGreat1xx 07-15-2007 04:55 PM

because it says Certegy "provides certain credit card-related services to the gaming industry" Since epass is the only place other than paypal that my bank info is on that pretty much narrows it to epass. Then I put two and two together since there are others on here that got the letter that it must be from epass. Does that sound like enough reason to suspect it had something to do with epassporte. What really chaps my ass is wtf does some regular employee of Certegy doing with my bank info? Shouldn't that be more closely guarded?

qdmcg 07-15-2007 09:36 PM

i dont understand why epassporte would sell client information while they still are in business, etc.

then again i dont understand why neteller has my money