Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   98o defence. Turn mistake? Check-fold 2 bottom 2 on river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=450944)

Allday Everyday 07-14-2007 01:11 PM

98o defence. Turn mistake? Check-fold 2 bottom 2 on river?

5 handed 5/10 Online.

Vilain's 5 handed stats are: 23/18/1.9. Attempts to steal: 30. I have him as a good player who doesn't make many mistakes.

Preflop: Hero has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in BB.
Fold, fold, Button raises, fold, Hero calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button calls.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero checks, Button bets...

KitCloudkicker 07-14-2007 02:15 PM

Re: 98o defence. Turn mistake? Check-fold 2 bottom 2 on river?

he doesnt play AK this way, ever. and that's all you beat.

good fold.

TheWunderkind 07-14-2007 02:20 PM

why wouldnt he play AK this way? And you beat other Hands he could play like this, on the River your hand sucks though

detruncate 07-14-2007 02:33 PM

Yuck. Every draw in the world completed on the river. I played around with some ranges and think it's probably a fold. He has to play AA/AK like this for it to be anywhere close. But even then I don't think we get there.

BigBadBabar 07-14-2007 03:00 PM

fold riv and nh

BryanC 07-14-2007 03:16 PM

yeah horrible river but I may be inclined to call sometimes just to keep him honest, i cant see any reason why he wouldnt be playing AA or AK like this up untill the river and with the Qh being such a horrible river card for any made hand id say theres a good chance that hes bluffing here because from his point of veiw if the Qh had hit you then you would surely bet it in this spot, theres 9BBs in the pot and its costing you 1BB to show i think its a question of how much do you trust this guy ?

so yeah its mostly a fold but i dont think its as clear cut as it appears

KitCloudkicker 07-14-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why wouldnt he play AK this way? And you beat other Hands he could play like this, on the River your hand sucks though

[/ QUOTE ]

ur right, some villians are dumb enough to play AK this way.

i still fold the river.

TheWunderkind 07-14-2007 04:17 PM

yeah the River is a fold just saying that he still beats a bunch of hands on teh Turn and a lot of players play AK all the time this way

Kvacke 07-14-2007 05:17 PM

How does he view you? He is not going to bet that river with AK or AA. So you beat a turn bluffraise. Or maybe he did a free fsr with AJ or and then saw the scary card and turned his hand into a bluff. No I dont think so, thats not happening enough vs this player. I think this river is a fold. But call the turn.

TheWunderkind 07-14-2007 05:46 PM

why should he not teh River with AA or AK?