Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25nl I attempt to adjust based on a read... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=449974)

bored 07-13-2007 03:11 AM

25nl I attempt to adjust based on a read...

Villain is the same guy in both hands - 59/11/4.2

The setup:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $69.40
BB: $45.25
UTG: $5.00
CO: $24.40
BTN: $13.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG checks, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $11.75</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $18.00 ($0.40 Rake)

Next hand:
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $45.00
BB: $4.75
UTG: $24.40
CO: $17.60
Hero (BTN): $65.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BB folds, CO calls $3.00

Turn: ($9.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($9.85) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets all-in for $13.35</font>, Hero calls $13.35

Pot Size: $36.55 ($1.80 Rake)

Good or bad?

corsakh 07-13-2007 03:13 AM

Re: 25nl I attempt to adjust based on a read...

I would expect to see something like Q5 in the second hand.

sluggger5x 07-13-2007 03:16 AM

You really need to bet at this turn. He has check/called you on the flop and then checks to you on the turn. It is kinda awkard becasue the pots at $10 and he has $13 behind, but there is absolutely no reason to believe we dont have the best hand here on the turn given your read and his numbers.

As played, the river is a very scary card agaisnt this type of opponent. K10 and 810 got there, as well as 99. As played fold the river.

Kidd32 07-13-2007 03:18 AM

Hi this is my first strategy post here, i'm french so please be kind to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is awfull.... you take a hit with the first hand, then you "tilt" and play Q8o.
His hand range is pretty funky so i won't be surprize by a nice Ac Tc . You beat only a complete bluff, why take so big of a risk ? The pot is only $10 and you had $4.25 invested....

KEW 07-13-2007 03:20 AM

Why are you raising a weak player that is not going to fold with Q8o?????

I think a fold is correct on the river...

Lego05 07-13-2007 03:21 AM

Dislike....especially since KT got there on river.

I think the problem started pre-flop. Why are you raising Q8o?...especially if the limper isn't someone who'll just fold to c-bets all the time.

CowsFTW 07-13-2007 03:49 AM

I am much more inclined to raise a hand like 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] than Q8o on te button. You could be easily dominated by hands like QJo. As played, fold river.

In the first hand he probably hit his king or flush draw or some random 4 or 8. I don't adjust my play after one raise on the flop, I assume he raised you more often?

I find it difficult to play against maniacs (having a 60VPIP and an AF of 4 qualifies as such) so this advice may be off.

bored 07-13-2007 03:59 AM

I have to go to work; I'll revisit this post when I get back and post my logic.

Thanks for all the responses!

bored 07-13-2007 02:37 PM

A few things to consider:

-I 2 table and I think I get much better reads than people who are playing more tables.

-59 VPIP is a much bigger range than you think. Pokerstove has the top 59% of hands as 33+,A2s+,K2s+,Q2s+,J2s+,T3s+,95s+,85s+,75s+,64s+,5 4s,A2o+,K3o+,Q5o+,J7o+,T7o+,97o+,87o

-My notes on villain:

25nl limp/call Q2s UTG; donk K95 flop 2s w/ FD; b/3b AI turn Q

25nl call pfr 86o CO; call GS IP flop; call turn str8; shove str8 board

He limp called Q2s UTG in another hand, so he isn't just limping loosely, he is also loose when it comes to calling raises preflop.

In another hand, he cold called 86o and called a cbet with a gutshot and then just called when he hit it. This shows that he doesn't play his big hands like he played in the hand vs me.

-Villain is also very aggressive, much more aggressive than people are giving him credit for. He doesn't have to have Q5 or 99 to be taking the line that he is taking.

-I bet the flop for value and on the turn his stack was a little greater than pot size. I didn't want to put him AI and chase away his marginal hands. He is both loose and aggressive and I believe his range is huge here and that he bets way more hands than he calls with, especially after I showed weakness on the turn.

-I am in position. This gives me a huge advantage over this LAG type player.

All this added up to a snap call on the river for me. In fact, as soon as the flop was dealt, I knew that I was felting this hand vs this opponent.

It seems that most posters are putting Villain on a hand that "makes sense" when IMO these hands make up a very small % of his range here.

Perk76 07-13-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It seems that most posters are putting Villain on a hand that "makes sense" when IMO these hands make up a very small % of his range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ranges obviously narrow as you get further into the hand. Bad players make their money by odd/large bets. Players calling them down with marginal hands since they feel they are ahead of their range keep these players playing.

If a player is 60%, you can get alot better spot to get this many bb's into the hand with.