Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL 50 Ugh, is this bad? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=449514)

theflyingcow 07-12-2007 03:20 PM

NL 50 Ugh, is this bad?

2nd orbit at the table. Villians seem pretty loose + bad. Would shoving here be a spew or is it okay?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($56.45)
Button ($59.35)
SB ($13.50)
BB ($62.95)
Hero ($65.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($7.00) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, Button folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $11.75 (All-in)</font>, BB calls $9.50, Hero calls $1.75 (wouldn't let me bet more).

Turn: ($42.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $51.75 (All-in),</font>

ssdex 07-12-2007 03:30 PM

Re: NL 50 Ugh, is this bad?

this is a really meh spot, but a lot of villains bet sets like this, b/c they think you'll either push or fold, In this particular situation he probably has a set, he leads turn to represent that he wants to see a cheap draw, sometimes I just call here.... and then evaluate the river, sometimes you can catch a Q here and villain will stack off with his set, but I think a shove is bad b/c he is never calling worse.....

kylephilly 07-12-2007 03:35 PM

He's betting 2.25 into a 42 dollar pot.

It's either a monster or air. SB has either the 9 or 10 probably right? He may have the set, he may have a draw, but you have the queen of hearts which blocks most major combo draws... sometimes these idiots put out small blocking bets to draw cheap and hope they get a free card.

It's either a shot at a free card by villain or a monster, I probably shove too but I hate playing one pair hands for my whole stack.

I'm guessing you lost since this hand found its way here

ssdex 07-12-2007 03:39 PM

like I said, just call.... if its a draw he folds, and you lose equity, as you are ahead of a draw here... if its a monster he snap calls and you stack off, shoving is -ev. also, as i tried to explain, if you take a free card, sometimes you can catch a set on the river and he is shoving his set on river if its a monster... so ship it, you'll figure out on the river what it is, I never ever ever shove QQ here.

DonkeyKing 07-12-2007 03:40 PM

without any reads, QQ seems not so strong 4 way. loose villans will weak bet on weak kicker top pair or 2ndPTK or something big like T9 on this board and weak bet on a monster to induce a raise. Your push is marginal but I can understand the logic. If you wanted value you could have raised to 15 safely to see how strong his hand was and perhaps folded to a raise.

What'd he have? 25 hearts?

HBomb 07-12-2007 03:48 PM

Yea, in a 4 way pot, I wouldn't try to be stacking off to win a side pot when in fact you might of lost the first side pot to begin with to have this many people in the pot. I generally slow down my betting strength depending on what I have teh more people are in the pot, especially 3 others.

mrjetguy 07-12-2007 03:52 PM

I really don't mind a call here. People seem to think that because a villain makes a tiny bet they have to raise because something fishy is going on... I say not true. Calling can be ok.

Check_The_Nuts 07-12-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't mind a call here. People seem to think that because a villain makes a tiny bet they have to raise because something fishy is going on... I say not true. Calling can be ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise for value cause the dude is probably bad enuff to stack off with AJ and for protection cuz there's a [censored] of draws out there.

Even if its 4 handed to flop.

shoxbb6 07-12-2007 05:12 PM

If you have a read that villain is loose and bad, pushing this turn is super standard.

dawade 07-12-2007 05:34 PM

If you were going to shove the flop then I think shoving the turn is fine.