Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   You Can't Have Anything (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=449270)

Justin A 07-12-2007 07:58 AM

You Can\'t Have Anything

30 game. UTG limper, Gonores limps on the button, I complete SB with J4o, BB checks.

Flop AJ8 rainbow. Checked around.

Turn 8 diamonds putting up a diamond flush draw. Checked to UTG who bets, Gonores raises, I 3bet. Yes?

StrictlyStrategy 07-12-2007 08:48 AM

Re: You Can\'t Have Anything

I've been betting the turn in this spot usually, I guess this is not good?

Also, I fold preflop.

sublime 07-12-2007 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/3 structure.

The Dude 07-12-2007 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you know this is a 2/3 structure?

Edit: Whatever, Mike.

andyfox 07-12-2007 09:33 AM

Yes in L.A. where an 8 would be bet on the flop and a checked around flop would be stabbed at when a boar card pairs by air. Vegas, not so sure.

rafiki 07-12-2007 09:56 AM

I don't know how Gonores plays, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with this play. Can you tell us what you feel he's raising with ? Is it often air ?

chillrob 07-12-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/3 structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally would normally fold J4o even for just a third of a bet. I would like to hear others' opinions though - are there any hands you fold for one more chip? If this has been addressed in another thread or would be better suited to another forum I would appreciate knowing as well.
This has come up personally in the 7.50/15 game at the Tropicana in AC, and I may try a 15/30 game the next time I'm in California so would like to know.

KitCloudkicker 07-12-2007 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/3 structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally would normally fold J4o even for just a third of a bet. I would like to hear others' opinions though - are there any hands you fold for one more chip? If this has been addressed in another thread or would be better suited to another forum I would appreciate knowing as well.
This has come up personally in the 7.50/15 game at the Tropicana in AC, and I may try a 15/30 game the next time I'm in California so would like to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

the trop 7.50/15 is my regular game. i throw away J4o in the sb...and im reconsidering as i think its the wrong play.

StrictlyStrategy 07-12-2007 10:50 AM

Yeah. I really didn't mean to derail this topic guys, but you should call here. Just to make sure I stoved it.

Against AJs, 98s, and KTo(everyone has live cards and your Jack is dominated -- basically a worst case scenario) you're a little over 9% getting 11:1)

Back to postflop...

FWIW I didn't know it was a 2/3 structure.

DeathDonkey 07-12-2007 10:50 AM

With two limpers you are getting 11:1 to put one chip into the pot. I call with 72o here.

-DeathDonkey