Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   50NLHUTRN - rep a boat against a good opponent (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448879)

NNH 07-11-2007 08:10 PM

50NLHUTRN - rep a boat against a good opponent

50NLTRN - Villain is decent player - not over-aggro, but not too passive. Nice balance. Match has been going back and forth for a while with me having a slight lead most of the time, losing it in a decent-sized pot, and gaining back a few hands later. It's been all small to mid-sized pots.

Hero - 3500
Villain - 2500

Blinds 20-40 - I call on button w/ Kh2h, Villain checks.

Flop is QhAhQ.
Villain checks, I bet 55 into 80 pot, Villain raises to 170 or so , I call.

Turn is an A.
Villain checks, I bet 200, Villain raises to 600, Hero?

Should I go against the zeebo theorem?

"If you expect someone has a full house, and you can't beat a full house never ever bluff. If you expect someone has a full house and you can beat their likely full house, go allin. Let's say the board is 29522, and you have TT or better, go allin no matter what the size of the pot is, b/c they can't fold."

Annulus 07-11-2007 08:29 PM

Re: 50NLHUTRN - rep a boat against a good opponent

nh

cwar 07-11-2007 08:58 PM

Bleh REREDIT: I would check the turn planning on probably calling a river bet, I see no point in betting the turn.

ChicagoRy 07-11-2007 09:01 PM

What site is this? What were starting blinds?

soop 07-11-2007 10:51 PM

I think it's unlikely he has a Q here so I see no point in trying to rep a boat.

In retrospect I agree checking the turn seems best - but do people really check raise twice with big hands at this level.

There is a chance your turn bet could be for value in that you get bluffed out less than you fold a hand that would have caught up on the river.

HokieGreg 07-11-2007 11:44 PM

raise/fold preflop

bet flop

check behind on turn

call reasonable river bet

if you want to get anything out of him on this hand you have to let him bluff. if you bet and he calls you are either splitting or way behind.

NNH 07-12-2007 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What site is this? What were starting blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was at stars. 4 player HUSNG. 20-40.

NNH 07-12-2007 10:51 AM

So check the turn seems to be the way to go here. Funny, because I didn't even consider that in this hand.

Here's my thought process - flame away please.

PF I felt was fine as I felt comfortable seeing a flop with him. But I can see the merits to only fold/raise.

Flop - Thought a bet there was good. Most likely ahead here. His checkraise caught me off guard, as he hadn't pulled one off yet. I was pretty sure he didn't have an A. I think a Q is a possibility Q2-Q8 or whatever.

Turn - Here's were I made my mistake. His check tells me we're still at the same spot as before - either he's full of it, or has that Q. This checkraise made me think he really had the Q and was trying to find out where he was at. After his checkraise he had roughly 1700 behind with about 1220 in the pot now.

So, I of course, did something I never really do, min-raised. That's right, the scary min-raise. Tell me how good I am. He called. That way I wouldn't just fold now, and he might get me to try to take it on the river. Which I of course obliged and he called my all in for his remaining 1100.

Don't people fold when they should know they're beat! He had Qx. GG me.

soop 07-12-2007 12:04 PM

Had you been raising a lot on the button? Perhaps your opponent thought that you wouldn't limp with an ace in the small blind or at least used that logic to go crazy.

I would have folded to your scary min raise if I were him, but then again I never would have check raised the turn.

cwar 07-12-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So check the turn seems to be the way to go here. Funny, because I didn't even consider that in this hand.

Here's my thought process - flame away please.

PF I felt was fine as I felt comfortable seeing a flop with him. But I can see the merits to only fold/raise.

Flop - Thought a bet there was good. Most likely ahead here. His checkraise caught me off guard, as he hadn't pulled one off yet. I was pretty sure he didn't have an A. I think a Q is a possibility Q2-Q8 or whatever.

Turn - Here's were I made my mistake. His check tells me we're still at the same spot as before - either he's full of it, or has that Q. This checkraise made me think he really had the Q and was trying to find out where he was at. After his checkraise he had roughly 1700 behind with about 1220 in the pot now.

So, I of course, did something I never really do, min-raised. That's right, the scary min-raise. Tell me how good I am. He called. That way I wouldn't just fold now, and he might get me to try to take it on the river. Which I of course obliged and he called my all in for his remaining 1100.

Don't people fold when they should know they're beat! He had Qx. GG me.

[/ QUOTE ]
People who c/raise the turn with Qx will not fold ever obviously.