Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Yukon finally shows (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=447563)

SteelWheel 07-10-2007 11:02 AM

Yukon finally shows

I was playing 10/20 NL at Bellagio late night into early morning today (7/10). Brad shows up around 5:30 AM and sits in the 25/50 NL game. I checked out the situation--typical Brad, he bought in for around $80K or so. Half an hour later he was definitely in the minus column, although a little hard to tell by how much.

I thought about joining the party, but I had already been playing for quite awhile myself, so I passed.

Guess he finally managed to put together a stake, somehow or other..

misfitscollector 07-10-2007 11:16 AM

Re: Yukon finally shows

he also got eliminated from the main event

The B 07-10-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought about joining the party, but I had already mucked my roll

[/ QUOTE ]

Jazzy3113 07-10-2007 12:03 PM

I thought we were just joking that Booth went broke. I have never seen anyone post one of those confirmation posts. I do know that he was on HSP last season with 1million plus, made a WPT final table and the fact that he has been a grinder for the past 12 years leads me to believe he never went broke, but just took some time off.

ifoughtpiranhas 07-10-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought we were just joking that Booth went broke. I have never seen anyone post one of those confirmation posts. I do know that he was on HSP last season with 1million plus, made a WPT final table and the fact that he has been a grinder for the past 12 years leads me to believe he never went broke, but just took some time off.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup took time off and came up with POKER WATER [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Whitewash 07-10-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the speculation is that Brad has lost quite a bit since the HSP taping, and had some poor money management. Just what I've heard though, I'm not a credible source.

NNNNOOOOONAN 07-10-2007 12:09 PM

one article in bluff a couple months ago featured him and he said he was going to be taking quite a bit of time off because he was exhausted or something and wanted to go back to canada for a while.

but that may have just been a cover up.

sixsixtie 07-10-2007 12:11 PM

I don't think there are credible sources about the brads busto rumors. I saw it just get mentioned by randoms here and then bam it took off and now it is just accepted as fact.

Stake Monster 07-10-2007 12:12 PM

on pokernews they have an interview with him. Says he's been wanting/needing to spend time with his family in Canada. He had been on the road for a number of years.

Plus, he's backed by Guy Laliberte, so GL on those busto stories.

turnipmonster 07-10-2007 12:36 PM

is he backed for cash games or tourneys or both? if cash games, why? serious question, I have never really understood why ppl back each other in cash games other than special circumstances (i.e. 50-100 game is awesome but 25-50 sucks).