Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   one plo, one holdem hand - similar ideas (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=447538)

07-10-2007 10:29 AM

one plo, one holdem hand - similar ideas

25 50 plo on stars. danube, regular name i see in these games who i view as pretty tight only real hand that comes to mind between us was where he checkraised river on KTTxx board w. KK and I called w. KT, raises to 175 in mp, gets a couple callers and I repot to 875 in BB with AAxx, everyone calls

over 3k in pot to flop of
Q 6 6 rainbow
checks to danube who bets pot (all in for me my stack was 5k to start hand). everyone folds to me and i do as well

1020 nlhe on ftp villian is hana (spelling?) aka crablar on ps. tough agressive player capable of moves good at hand reading blah blah blah
folds to him in SB who makes it 60 imake it 180 w. KK he calls

he check raises my 180 bet on flop to 580 on a board of

J T 7 rainbow

i fold - effective stacks were 2k to start the hand

btmagnetw 07-10-2007 10:31 AM

Re: one plo, one holdem hand - similar ideas

accutane.

paulnic 07-10-2007 10:34 AM

what did u put him on when u had KK? surely he didnt raise and call your reraise with 89 so how do u know he wasnt raising flop with QQ, KQ, AJ?? i would call this bet and pot a non A,J,9,Q turn.
what was your thinking here?

07-10-2007 10:40 AM

my thinking was my hand looks like an overpair, which it is, although we both know i am capable of showing up with less, but that is what i am representing and will have a large % of the time. with that said KK is almost always a good overpair except this board really frightens me given preflop action. I am pretty sure he is calling this reraise preflop with a large range a of medium pairs, suited connectors, etc which smashed this flop.

the cbet is surely standard and the real question is whether to play on after a flop cr or not which depends on how often i am ahead, 50-50, or behind and i'm pretty sure i am either 50-50 or way behind here most of the time since i doubt he would overplay AJ or QQ, the hands I would imagine he would be capable of taking this line with that are actually way behind.

paulnic 07-10-2007 10:44 AM

so would you never smooth call his flop raise and evaluate the turn?

sc000t 07-10-2007 10:44 AM

PLO hand is an easy fold.

catcher193 07-10-2007 10:54 AM

buffalo wild wings

07-10-2007 11:40 AM

mmmmmmmm

w_alloy 07-10-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my thinking was my hand looks like an overpair, which it is, although we both know i am capable of showing up with less, but that is what i am representing and will have a large % of the time. with that said KK is almost always a good overpair except this board really frightens me given preflop action. I am pretty sure he is calling this reraise preflop with a large range a of medium pairs, suited connectors, etc which smashed this flop.

the cbet is surely standard and the real question is whether to play on after a flop cr or not which depends on how often i am ahead, 50-50, or behind and i'm pretty sure i am either 50-50 or way behind here most of the time since i doubt he would overplay AJ or QQ, the hands I would imagine he would be capable of taking this line with that are actually way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like your fold in the holdem hand. I don't understand how you can say your range is mostly overpairs (you actually say "representing", but aren't you "representing" whatever the meat of your range is)? It seems like you would do this often enough with hands like AK, AQ, KQs, lower pairs, suited connectors, etc. that overpairs are not a majority of your range.

You dont think he ever raises you here with a pair+gutshot (of which there are a ton for him)? I'm not saying he's doing it every time, but there are so many of them in his range it makes a big difference if he is doing it like 20%. Same thing with AK and AQ.

Also this fold is massively exploitable, but whether or not that matters is another debate. I guess you are banking on the fact that he is sure you will never fold a hand like KK here?

Stinger88 07-10-2007 01:07 PM

bet 2900 and fold to a push in the PLO hand, min3bet fold to push in hold'em hand