Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Just changed my major... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=446512)

snakekilla88 07-09-2007 04:16 AM

Just changed my major...

I decided to change over from Electrical Engineering to Accounting, (Bachelor of arts in busness administration with a major in accounting). Classes wont be as intense which will be nice ;D.

My starting salary out of college will suffer, but I will prob. enjoy my future job and the classes a little bit more. I love dealing with money, and only choose EE on a whim since all my grades in math and science are pretty good and I needed to select a major. Also, all the chemistry classes and math classes I took freshman year were unneccessary. So only 3 or 4 classes are actually going to be counted towards my new major. Looks like I will be in college for 5 years [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

emon87 07-09-2007 05:05 AM

Re: Just changed my major...

blog?

snakekilla88 07-09-2007 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blog?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol prob. need one ehh

Just annoyed that I am not going to finish college in 4 years and all my hardwork freshman year was a waste of time. I just changed it today so I was kind of anxious to post. ;D.

hlacheen 07-09-2007 03:39 PM

From what a understand the job market for Accounting is very good. Although I'm sure it is for EE as well.

I plan on majoring in Finance but Accounting is something I'm still considering as an option. Double major in both is possible too. Luckily I don't decide until 2 years in.

Good luck.

btmagnetw 07-09-2007 03:49 PM

people still graduate in 4 years? lol.

btw accounting industry is great. assuming you go to a decently good college and are a decently good student, companies will be stepping over each other to offer you a job.

find out what the CPA requirements are for your state. 5 years might be necessary anyway. or more, if you need a certain number of grad classes.

NozeCandy 07-09-2007 05:31 PM

Why are you frowning that you'll be in college for another year? I want to stay for a victory lap so bad.

catalyst 07-09-2007 06:05 PM

accounting has an awesome job market. Starting salaries are very competitive, though obv not up to par with the more advanced engineering degrees.

emon87 07-09-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people still graduate in 4 years? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

chisness 07-10-2007 02:28 AM

Dear Jim,

Also consider other Business majors like Finance.

Love,
Max

Dan. 07-10-2007 10:28 AM

OP,

I have changed my major approximately 5 times. Two of which required me to transfer to a different "school" within the college. Theatre -> [transfer "schools"] Psychology -> Economics -> Math -> [transfer "schools" again] Secondary Teaching in Math or Econ (never decided on that) -> Current major which is like a business/consulting thing (School specific, so the name doesn't matter) and math

How many of my theatre courses do you think carried over? One major change? Pfft. Busch league, man.