Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Lots of History (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445259)

ProfessorBen 07-07-2007 01:26 PM

Lots of History

Commerce 20/40 (8 Players)

Villain is a LAG who gets aggressive but likes to calldown when shown resistance, esp. when HU. He doesn’t showdown much because he mucks his bluffs and does know when to get away from hands multi-way. He has pushed me off hands a couple of times by C/Ring 3-4 people and mucked his bluff(draw?). He is a thinking player, but I’ve seen him isolate a fish EP limper with 86o. He refuses to chop blinds at any time which is why I’m sitting to his immediate left. I am up a ton and he is down a plethora and there is a correlation between the two. He is likely calling ATC in this spot.

A few recent hands:
I raise 77 preflop OTB with 2 limpers, and bet all streets as he was the only one to call down as I bet down on a KTx7x board.
I raise 99 preflop with several limpers, 4 to the flop, he donks, I raise a 942 flop, fish scatter, and I bet Qx turn and river, he calls down.
3 people including him limp. I raise KJs OTB, flop comes 5 ways. I bet 622 flop TAG BB calls, Villain C/Rs, I 3-bet, TAG folds, He 4-bets. I call and call a blank turn and fold river.

Preflop:
Hero raises A Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG
Folded to Villain in BB who calls

Flop: JJ3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain check-raises…

Plan for the rest of the hand.

Maliant 07-07-2007 02:22 PM

Re: Lots of History

Very doubtful he has a Jack here most likely low pocket pair or nothing, id wait till turn and raise him.

leo doc 07-07-2007 03:05 PM

I don't know Ben. I'm torn between peeling one then re-eval, or raising to see what villan does.

(Jeez, I suck. But then it's Saturday and I've had two Bloody Marys.)

ProfessorBen 07-08-2007 07:15 AM

More help please. For Comm. regulars, this guy is the Gus Hansen lookalike.

Sailboats 07-08-2007 07:31 AM

Its either a call or 3-bet, but seeing as how villian is aggressive i would just call and fold Turn UI. I can't recall any Gus Hansen look alikes.

Timogen 07-08-2007 09:16 PM

Professor,

I know exactly whom you are talking about. He wears a dark blue Nova Scotia sailing T-shirt. Shaved head and uncanny similar mannerisms as Gus.

In a similar hand I opened KQo in MP. He called in BB.

Flop: Q99 rainbow...c/c
Turn: 3 rainbow complete...c/r...I call hesitantly
River: 6 ...b/c...he shows JTs

My image is weak tight cry baby...so he knows I'm folding the turn with missed broadways here.

For your hand with no draws on the flop, I expect him to have 44-66, paired undercard with an A, a J and air in that order.

Call Flop, Fold Turn UI.

Tim

purty1 07-20-2007 12:36 AM

i am guessing that this might not be the best place to do this however, i am wondering if you are the man i have been looking for. Timogen? ever in san diego? please i hope you respond.
heather

PokerJans 07-20-2007 01:01 AM

Well I am probably not folding. I might raise the turn if it was a 2 or something.

The whole idea of three betting the flop just screams "OMG I can out lag you" kinda thing....even though it might not be like that and you have the best hand a lot. Yeah now that I think about it probably jsut call down UI

Nyquiz 07-20-2007 01:04 AM

Why are we raising the turn UI if he likely holds a low PP given his description? Call, then fold the turn UI.

What is your c-betting like in these situations? Is it 100% of the time?

PokerJans 07-20-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we raising the turn UI if he likely holds a low PP given his description?

[/ QUOTE ]

where do we get this from? Seriously I have been awake for waaaay too long and might be missing something but LAGtards c/r this flop with nothing all the time.