Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   The resteal is coming, what is my range? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445203)

A_PLUS 07-07-2007 12:00 PM

The resteal is coming, what is my range?

Taj USPC 500$ event. 11 left. Play has grinded to a halt, and I have been pretty agressive. In the last 4 orbits, I accidentally exposed Q3o after raising from the SB, and getting jammed on (hand flipped when I tossed it into muck). I also jammed AQs when a MP player iso-raised a shorty (he mucked JJ, and would have flopped a set, so everyone was talking about the hand, mostly saying it was bad play by me, since the final table was so close).

I have raised the last 2 times from the button, and BB is very obviously getting testy, pretty obviously taking it personally, and berating me before his last fold.

6 handed. (12k/6k a 2k) Hero is 3rd in chips overall with about 250k. 2 players at my table have me barely covered, no one else has over 150k.

Folded to me on the button.
Before I look at my cards, I notice the BB sit up in his chair. I don't know if he has looked at his hand, but I am pretty sure he is coming over the top if I raise.

So, blind stealing is out, I am only raising a hand I will go all in with. What is my range? BB got most of his chips cold calling a raise from a tight EP (full table) player with ATo (for >10% of his stack) and putting half his stack in the middle before he turned a T, and took out AK.

woodguy 07-07-2007 12:06 PM

Re: The resteal is coming, what is my range?

How deep is the BB?

edit: just saw you only have 20BB's

I like 99+, AJo+...

A_PLUS 07-07-2007 12:07 PM

sorry, I desperately need a converter for live hands. BB has me covered.

curtains 07-07-2007 01:43 PM

lol at reads

Tyler Durden 07-07-2007 01:45 PM

The USPC has started already??? I thought it was always in September?

A_PLUS 07-07-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at reads

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am not exactly a stare into your soul type of player. I concentrate more on trying to keep my play consistent. But, the best way to describe this spot was the dude suddenly sat straight up in his chair as soon as i started with my chip stack. Pretty much the most telegraphed play I have ever come across in a live event. He might as well have acted out of turn.

The sad thing is, he was definitely the only player I was a little bit worried about at the final 2 tables. Everyone else was more concerned with when the next player would bust, and they could make the final table.

TD, this is from the event in September, I was feeling left out of the WSOP talk, so I had to dig into the crates.

A_PLUS 07-07-2007 06:33 PM

anyone have an actual range for me?

The payout was typical, I think about 500$ a spot until 7, with 1st getting 20-30x 10th place. With the stack sizes, and lack of PF pushes, I think my edge is about as large as I could ever hope for.

curtains 07-07-2007 07:04 PM

I dunno, its hard to give a read unless I really have the see the same tell that you did. I'd know my normal play and then I'd adjust it somehow, but ok the guy is in the BB and obviously doesn't want to get it raised, so its possible he's doing something to discourage you?

A_PLUS 07-07-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, its hard to give a read unless I really have the see the same tell that you did. I'd know my normal play and then I'd adjust it somehow, but ok the guy is in the BB and obviously doesn't want to get it raised, so its possible he's doing something to discourage you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I realize no one can have my read. Basically the guy
-has a big hand, and is excited
-is hamming it up to protect his blind
-is planning to resteal

At the time, I was as certain as I ever can be that he was raising, I felt like he would come over the top with any decent hand, and maybe atc.

So, if you have my read (as brilliant as it is). My question is

In the situation in this event, what hands do you raise here, knowing that there is a much much better than average chance that we will be getting all in?

I am planning to figure out the game theory ranges for both of us, but I wanted to see what people actually think first.

djk123 07-07-2007 11:26 PM

I'm confused. Did you think he picked up a big hand and is thus going reraise you, or do you just think he is fed up and going to resteal you. Your opening range is basically dependent on what range he is going to shove you with. If you thought he was going to shove atc, then you'd raise whatever hands beat a random hand plus a few more due to pot odds.