Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   another river checkraise hand (this time for real) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444841)

soah 07-06-2007 09:24 PM

another river checkraise hand (this time for real)

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $975.00
Hero (BB): $1,793.00
UTG: $1,789.00
BTN: $2,356.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $30.00</font>, BTN calls $30.00, SB folds, Hero calls $20.00

Flop: ($95) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $77.00</font>, UTG calls $77.00, BTN folds

Turn: ($249) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $80.00</font>, Hero calls $80.00

River: ($409) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks

UTG and Button are both loose-passive fishes. They both open-limp a lot and in general play very terrible.

We happen to just be four-handed for this hand but we've been 5-6 handed most of the time.

There was one notable hand where this UTG player limped, I just completed by SB with AJo, BB checked. Flop was A75 with a flush draw. I bet out, BB folded, UTG called. Turn was another ace and I led for close to pot and he called. River was an offsuit 3 and I bet for about 2/3 pot and he makes a small raise. I tank a bit and can't figure out what's going on so I call and hope to see a busted draw. He has 64s for the rivered straight (he did NOT have a flush draw with his suits, he just had the naked straight draw).

Given my history with him you could say I should definitely bet the turn and let him chase, and that's a pretty valid criticism. However, the other side of the issue is that he would expect me to bet again with a big hand, so regardless of whether he's drawing or has a pair I can get him to make mistakes by grossly misunderstanding what I have.

my image at this table should be mostly tight and fairly straightforward

jkkkk 07-06-2007 09:31 PM

Re: another river checkraise hand (this time for real)

check/call turn, uh what?

cr turn, lead river

catcher193 07-06-2007 09:38 PM

I like this, but I have bad FPS.

edit: whoops paid more attention to the comments, didn't notive you had the lead on the flop, just B/B/B this donk and get it in if he has a set.

KingGordy 07-06-2007 09:39 PM

I would bet $200 on turn and v-bet river. I don't think he's ever going to fold a K, but he may check it behind. While he may recognize you as a bettor of strong hands from your history, he's just as likely to perceive you as tilting after losing the pot like that, and he may use that to justify a light calldown.

Riverrun 07-06-2007 09:41 PM

fake block turn to induce raise from K or f/d? or you think he's too passive for that?

problem is you say he's a passived donk, and i think this type of play works better against aggro donks

JKratzer 07-06-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given my history with him you could say I should definitely bet the turn and let him chase, and that's a pretty valid criticism. However, the other side of the issue is that he would expect me to bet again with a big hand, so regardless of whether he's drawing or has a pair I can get him to make mistakes by grossly misunderstanding what I have

[/ QUOTE ]

this is valid but don't overdo it (like i hope this hand is the one time you're mixing it up vs this guy). also, raise the turn once he bets. doesn't have to be a huge raise or anything but do something because otherwise you have to make a thread on 2p2 about going for a river c/r [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

wpr101 07-06-2007 09:48 PM

I like it a lot. Your hand looks like a missed flush draw on that river. Hopefully villian is capable of knowing atleast that.

soah 07-06-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet $200 on turn and v-bet river. I don't think he's ever going to fold a K, but he may check it behind. While he may recognize you as a bettor of strong hands from your history, he's just as likely to perceive you as tilting after losing the pot like that, and he may use that to justify a light calldown.

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasn't recent nor was it a terribly large pot and I've gotten back the lost money since then

jfish 07-06-2007 09:49 PM

this is gross. youre 180bb deep with a fish and a full house oop and youre not building a pot. what the [censored]?

AAismyfriend 07-06-2007 09:59 PM

This deep I think this line is gross. I'd just lead the turn, and given that you checked I would c/r. These guys don't like to fold so get as much in there as possible before the river.