Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   was too scared to 3bet the flop, now i gotta face this over bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444544)

Aschweinsteiger 07-06-2007 02:16 PM

was too scared to 3bet the flop, now i gotta face this over bet

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($308.10)
MP ($115.35)
CO ($160.60)
Button ($220.95)
Hero ($107.90)
BB :#A500AF(villan)/ ($140.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB :#A500AF(villan)/ calls $3.

Flop: ($8) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">villan raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $11.

Turn: ($44) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">villan bets $60</font>, Hero ???

i think in the end i shouldve 3 bet him either all in or enough to committ myself on the flop. my hand is def very strong, especially in a blind battle and i can see him raising this flop almost any pocket pair 1010and lower. considering hwo i played it is the turn a fold?should i check raise all in here? is this a stadard fold or raise?
and should i have 3bet on the flop?

A10Chief 07-06-2007 02:24 PM

Re: was too scared to 3bet the flop, now i gotta face this over bet

What is the history b/w the two of you? If you have been aggressive in blind v. blind battles then villain probably reraises PP's preflop, and likely most K's he would play.

APD0290 07-06-2007 05:29 PM

You went for the stack-a-donk but I don't think this is a good situation for it. After his flop raise Villain probably has an overpair and will get all of his chips in there with you if you re-raise. Turn is pretty weird I guess I fold because those weird bets like that usually aren't bluffs but it depends on what Villain plays like.

igetjokes 07-06-2007 05:49 PM

This is a tricky spot and very situation-dependant. The turn overbet is very suspicious - I've called ppl down in this situation and been in front, I've called them down here and been wrong.

I think because this is a blind battle I'd be looking to get it in, preferably on the flop, but I think I still get it in on the turn here. If he has a K or a 2 then I doubt he bets it this hard.

John49 07-06-2007 06:02 PM

Given no history on villain, I would've 3bet flop. If I happened to call, usually I would fold, b/c this smells like Slick preflop and flop. But the turn suggests different, so I would be inclined to call. Seems like he wants you to fold, which is why I would suggest a call only if he seems like player that would overbet w/ a draw or lower pocket pair.

This is an interesting hand. I would fold. I don't put him on pocket 3s or A2 or KK, more like AK, AQs spades, KQ, KJs, spade connectors, ... Too easy to lose to a K here to push, I think. Better spot next time. Smells like a bluff, but I wouldn't put my stack in to find out.