Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Scariest player to ever win the WSOP? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=443400)

JackOfSpeed 07-05-2007 05:11 AM

Scariest player to ever win the WSOP?

I vote Tom McEvoy, the guy just all around freaks me out, and some of the books he's co-authored are scary-bad.

canarymofo 07-05-2007 06:32 AM

Re: Scariest player to ever win the WSOP?

I'd say Varkonyi because macho dudes like him scare me so much

-moe- 07-05-2007 07:52 AM

Scariest player to ever get 4th: Bobby Brazil, 1973.

Thought he looked like a really sleazy character on the WSOP 1973 Main Event video, so I did a little research to see if he was still around etc. Turns out he was in jail until early 1990s, due to kidnapping, repeatedly raping and then murdering a young girl.

He's now dead.

Tom McEvoy... pfff.

Gorvacofin 07-05-2007 08:15 AM

Raymer, when he was an unknown. The glasses!

hra146 07-05-2007 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

those were just gay.

cpitt398 07-05-2007 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Scariest player to ever get 4th: Bobby Brazil, 1973.

Thought he looked like a really sleazy character on the WSOP 1973 Main Event video, so I did a little research to see if he was still around etc. Turns out he was in jail until early 1990s, due to kidnapping, repeatedly raping and then murdering a young girl.

He's now dead.

Tom McEvoy... pfff.

[/ QUOTE ]

can u post a link or two. I looked a little but couldnt find anything except an account of him urinating on a dealer at the Stardust

davidlong14 07-05-2007 10:26 AM

Stuey Comeback Tour '97

Slim Pickens 07-05-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote Tom McEvoy, the guy just all around freaks me out, and some of the books he's co-authored are scary-bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

McEvoy is less weird in person, although the fact the apparently doesn't age leads me to believe he may be a bot.

Wongboy 07-05-2007 03:05 PM

Thats a tough one. On Stuey's comeback tour he looked like a walking zombie. Then again Amarillo Slim was a reputed pedophile and I'm sure there have been others with criminal backgrounds (maybe not caught, but still). Heck, Doyle talks about playing in games with loaded shotguns laying around.

I think you need to clarify the question a bit. Do you mean most physically intimidating, or scary psycho violent, or just scary looking?

toutatis70 07-05-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So funny, The guy walks around the Rio and Amazon room wearing sandles with white socks underneath. Prob. has victoria Secret underwear on.