Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Five Card Draw: Have You Ever Seen? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=442996)

Al Mirpuri 07-04-2007 05:18 PM

Five Card Draw: Have You Ever Seen?

Okay, we are all familiar with the four straight/four flush semi-bluff and we know that players over do it. They employ from under the gun even. However, I just wanted to know how many players, if any have you met, who are willing to three-bet it and then bet out postdraw?

stripsqueez 07-04-2007 08:23 PM

Re: Five Card Draw: Have You Ever Seen?

plenty including me

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Big Limpin 07-04-2007 08:54 PM

Big Limpin 07-04-2007 09:01 PM

al,

sorry ive been reading too much BBV, where flip responses are de rigeur.

so. did you recently play a hand where UTG 3-bet you on the come, and you made a incorrect fold? i'd love to dicuss the hand. pls post it.

edit: and you must mean 4-bet. this is weird then. if you are 3betting them, then you ought to be showing down most/all of the time. so what is the issue here? yes there are retards at every level. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw

Murakawa 07-05-2007 01:10 AM

if it wins the pot it wins the pot

Hexadecimal 07-05-2007 02:07 AM

I have to agree with Murakawa. IMO, if you're going to semi-bluff representing that you have a 4-card hand (range 2 pair to quads), against some opponents it might be right to put in a raise, and maybe a re-raise to disguise your hand. This would be my line if they're the type of player to play agressively predraw, and just give up after the draw if their hand doesn't improve. Admittedly, this is a rare breed, but just throwing that out there.

bigpooch 07-05-2007 12:11 PM

Shhhh! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Fnord 07-05-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They employ from under the gun even.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a mistake when UTG raises are put on a pair of kings or better?

There is some pretty heavy Gap Theory going on in these games right now.

BBQbowser 07-07-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, we are all familiar with the four straight/four flush semi-bluff and we know that players over do it. They employ from under the gun even. However, I just wanted to know how many players, if any have you met, who are willing to three-bet it and then bet out postdraw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very much so, watch my 30/60 heads up matches on Stars sometime. I would say 75%+ of the opponents I play do it. It's even more common in pot limit usually for meta reasons.

PS Lee Jones said he would add 50/100 and 100/200 draw.

Murakawa 07-08-2007 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shhhh! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

Let's pretend none of us ever played draw and we're all closeted stud8 players. Then, we take the money.

Why oh why can't there be as many draw games as hold 'em?

Well I know why I just want there to be.