Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Petition to ban the German and French Forum's (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=442228)

junior k 07-03-2007 05:39 PM

Petition to ban the German and French Forum\'s

There weird and I dont like them

Bobo Fett 07-03-2007 05:50 PM

Re: Petition to ban the German and French Forum\'s

So is your use of the apostrophe.

MicroBob 07-03-2007 05:57 PM

"the German and French Forum's"

Ban the German and French Forum's what?
It appears you did not finish your sentence.

stabn 07-03-2007 06:25 PM

lols at op

Trolling before tuq can.

nath 07-03-2007 06:47 PM

best OP ever

ALawPoker 07-03-2007 07:35 PM

I'm almost embarrassed to say this, but I do happen to agree with the OP somewhat. It's something I had thought about long before reading the OP's convincing arguments.

I just don't see the point. People who speak German/French have forums of their own which are not just a crass commercial extension of a predominantly English site. I don't see many people who only speak French or German flocking to an English site (even if it's 2+2) just because there's a subforum in their language.

It seems to me that the subforums aren't much more than a playground for people who also post in English on this site anyways. And then you have to question whether the playground is worth it, in lieu of what those posters might contribute to the English forums (where the rest of us can also read it).

I'm not trying to be disrespectful towards people who speak French or German. I'm assuming 2+2 offers these forums to try to make more money (not as an intentionally altruistic move). Not that there's anything at all wrong with that. But then, as an English only "customer," I don't feel bad criticizing the move.

Maybe people who post in those forums can correct me if they're actually more useful to you than I'm giving them credit for.

Chomp 07-03-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Petition to ban the German and French Forum's
<font color="white"> . </font>

There weird and I dont like them

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

jesusarenque 07-03-2007 10:28 PM

I think we should just change the name to Freedom Forum.

Niediam 07-04-2007 05:10 AM

I believe that the forums may be recieving more traffic from users who don't speak English (or don't speak it very well) in the near future as 2+2 is planning on releasing some titles in other languages.

Chillee 07-04-2007 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just don't see the point. People who speak German/French have forums of their own which are not just a crass commercial extension of a predominantly English site. I don't see many people who only speak French or German flocking to an English site (even if it's 2+2) just because there's a subforum in their language.

It seems to me that the sub forums aren't much more than a playground for people who also post in English on this site anyways. And then you have to question whether the playground is worth it, in lieu of what those posters might contribute to the English forums (where the rest of us can also read it).

Maybe people who post in those forums can correct me if they're actually more useful to you than I'm giving them credit for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you got the right picture for the moment. But with the publication of translated 2p2 books, there will be an audience for those sub-forums. Especially for the french one as there are lot of people who don't speak English.

The fact there are regional forums doesn't stop at all French and German to post elsewhere on 2p2.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to be disrespectful towards people who speak French or German. I'm assuming 2+2 offers these forums to try to make more money (not as an intentionally altruistic move). Not that there's anything at all wrong with that. But then, as an English only "customer," I don't feel bad criticizing the move.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. Its has been clearly explain like this by an admin i don't remember (maybe R.Beal). But i find it normal for a company to offer support to all the customers it try to attract.