Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Cardrunners Content (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=441111)

Poker_is_Hard 07-02-2007 11:41 AM

Cardrunners Content

Who are your favorite instructors and why?

Which videos helped you the most, and why?

I signed up recently and am looking for any direction on how to tackle the large amount of content.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Jamougha 07-02-2007 11:43 AM

Re: Cardrunners Content

Brian, Taylor, Stinger are the best. If you're playing SSNL then I would watch Taylor's earlier videos first.

SinkRox 07-02-2007 11:58 AM

watch some of their vids and see who you like best?

watching the old ones may be less worth it now considering how much the games have changed

Fistdantilus 07-02-2007 12:00 PM

Brian T. is brilliant and you should definitely watch everything he's ever made. Note: his best pieces of information he sometimes whips through breezily, so you have to pay careful attention so you don't miss a golden nugget of information.

Taylor is also great, and is the opposite of Brian in that he'll talk the subject out thoroughly. Taylor likes to get into more theoretical subjects though, so is probably worth watching some others first.

Andrew W. will probably help you the most. While probably not the best player of the bunch (not a knock among that group), he has a crystal clear style of play that's very easy to emulate. Lately (past 2 months) he has also gotten into far more crappy spots than I feel the others have, and he handles them in a fantastic and instructive way. Just don't fall in love with some of the goofy hands he likes to raise: K8s or some crap. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: agree w/ sinkrox; keep most of your watching to this calendar year.

Sphere99991 07-02-2007 12:08 PM

Is it worth playing $10-20 per video?

Poker_is_Hard 07-02-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid for the full membership. This way I have access to all content regardless. I couldn't find any good way of determining which videos were best, etc.

Fistdantilus 07-02-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god. Is that what non-premium costs? =( Get the full: it's SOOOO freaking worth it. You learn things from there that you can't learn from here, and vice-versa. It doesn't replace 2+2, but supplements it nicely.

emKay 07-02-2007 12:18 PM

What's it cost the full thing?

Jamougha 07-02-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like $25/month. It's ridiculously worth it.

Poker_is_Hard 07-02-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like $25/month. It's ridiculously worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

$100+ up front as I sign up fee.